[XP]The Legend of Zelda - Eternal Struggle

Started by MetalZelda, March 18, 2014, 08:55:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I think you mixed up 16:10 and 16:9, because the latter is the one that's wider. xD

I understand the nostalgia of using A+C-buttons for the ocarina display, but won't this be a problem when playing with a keyboard? Also, I'm not sure what control scheme you want to use since the top right GUI is not the classic N64 from what I can tell. So this mix-up is a bit confusing. You shouldn't use things just for nostalgia's sake if they look weird in your game.

I also understand the nostalgia of having the day/night display in the bottom center, but you should consider that Majora's Mask was a 3D game where a GUI element like that doesn't really cover up anything important on the screen. But your game is a 2D game so it does cover quite a bit of the screen and it might be difficult to see and fight enemies properly like that. I suggest you put it in the bottom right corner at least and may reduce its size a bit, too. BUt my best suggestion, if you really want to keep track of time in the game, is to put together a completely original GUI element that doesn't take as much space and put it in the bottom right corner.

I noticed you have some font troubles, particularly the lower T character. IDK if you can fix this reliably since it depends on the font rendering system and the font itself.

I really hope the English translation is good. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

MetalZelda

Quote from: Blizzard on February 09, 2017, 02:40:01 am
I think you mixed up 16:10 and 16:9, because the latter is the one that's wider. xD

I understand the nostalgia of using A+C-buttons for the ocarina display, but won't this be a problem when playing with a keyboard? Also, I'm not sure what control scheme you want to use since the top right GUI is not the classic N64 from what I can tell. So this mix-up is a bit confusing. You shouldn't use things just for nostalgia's sake if they look weird in your game.

I also understand the nostalgia of having the day/night display in the bottom center, but you should consider that Majora's Mask was a 3D game where a GUI element like that doesn't really cover up anything important on the screen. But your game is a 2D game so it does cover quite a bit of the screen and it might be difficult to see and fight enemies properly like that. I suggest you put it in the bottom right corner at least and may reduce its size a bit, too. BUt my best suggestion, if you really want to keep track of time in the game, is to put together a completely original GUI element that doesn't take as much space and put it in the bottom right corner.

I noticed you have some font troubles, particularly the lower T character. IDK if you can fix this reliably since it depends on the font rendering system and the font itself.

I really hope the English translation is good. xD

Keyboard binding is customizable as well as the joypad binding, there would be no problem with it.
The default commands will be:

D: Pause
X, V : Items
C: Attack
W: Minimap
Q: Quick item selector
Space: Action
Arrows: Movement

Yet, these are defaults, of course, in game, they are customizable, there is a message when you first start the game that encourage you to set your own bindings, and they are modifiable through the in-game pause menu.

For the HUD, I might look for something else, but the native resolution (4:3) doesn't give a lot of liberties on object placement, or else I could make somethng to make the player to decide where he wants the icon to be displayed.

Concerning the clock, it doesn't take that much place, at least in widescreen, I liked the Majora's 64 clock and I need to modify something for it.

And about the "t" letter, this is due to the font itself, I should take a look at this and modify it's height

English translation is currently approximative, but I have a good translator in hand, text is not my current priority.