Safe Emulator/rom sites?

Started by burneagle9590, March 30, 2014, 09:28:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

burneagle9590

I used to use coolrom but they've added their own downloader and people have gotten viruses. Any safe emulator and rom sites you guys could recommend?

WhiteRose

I've usually found that EmuParadise is pretty good. They even have PSX ISOs.

Spoofus

coolrom.com (use download from alternate link, to avoid having to install a downloader)
Emuparadise as stated above
Dgemu.com
Rom-world.com
Romnation.net

I have used all of those at one point or another.

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Spoofus on April 13, 2014, 11:57:13 pm
coolrom.com (use download from alternate link, to avoid having to install a downloader)

No, never use Coolrom, even if one downloading method is safe.
They do not deserve anyone's support. At all.

Heretic86

What sucks is one of the worst offenders out there for downloads in general is CNet.  No no no, you have to download our "safe" and "free" "downloader" first and cant download our shit without it.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Spaceman McConaughey

They have a direct download option, too.

Still, there are better sites to get your software just like there are better sites to get your ROMs.

Crasger

Quote from: Heretic86 on June 02, 2014, 10:34:12 pm
What sucks is one of the worst offenders out there for downloads in general is CNet.  No no no, you have to download our "safe" and "free" "downloader" first and cant download our shit without it.

Yeah, CNET sucks now. I never understood the point of downloaders. Why is this a trend now among the malware-giving community?

Sites that use downloaders should never ever have support.

Blizzard

Quote from: Crasger on June 03, 2014, 01:09:19 am
I never understood the point of downloaders.

They can put ads on it and make money.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Crasger

Advertising using software is getting ridiculous.

locowhiteknight

I wouldn't trust CNET because their owned by CBS Interactive. CBS was a major supporter of draconian legislation like SOPA and its ilk.
"Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?"

Crasger

Quote from: locowhiteknight on June 03, 2014, 09:12:49 am
I wouldn't trust CNET because their owned by CBS Interactive. CBS was a major supporter of draconian legislation like SOPA and its ilk.

I love how they support SOPA, but they have downloaders that give you malware.

muckia

Today you have a lot of websites to download retro games, but for me, the best one is the Retrostic. You have a big collection of retro games maybe bigger then emuparadise.

If I can make a list of best websites today:

1.Retrostic
2.Gamulator
3.Consoleroms
4.Romsmania

Kavuri_Kayal8

Exemplary games have their own one of a kind flavor which is the reason it's nothing unexpected you're keeping watch for the best protected ROM destinations to download those wistfulness actuating games from.

However, you must be cautious while snatching these retro games since this can frequently prompt malware or adware advancing into your PC.

That is the reason we have gathered this extreme rundown of 12 secure ROM locales highlighting exemplary games implied for emulators of control center like the NES, Dreamcast, Wii, Game Boy Color, Sega Saturn, PSP, and the sky is the limit from there.
here some of the 12 Best Safe ROM Sites To Download Classic Games [2021] https://www.techshout.com/best-safe-rom-sites/