Problem with PSX4droid

Started by Ranquil, March 30, 2014, 05:27:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranquil

Boo.

I have a problem with PSX4droid (as if you couldn't read the title lol). All games run but, even though sound goes normally, there's no picture. The screen is, aside from the virtual buttons, completely black, even though the games themselves run just fine. Also, occasionally the games make screaky voices that rub my ears the wrong way...

I tried tinkering with the video options and tried four different BIOS files but nothing worked. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4 and right now I'm using SCPH1001 as my BIOS of choice.
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Blizzard

Try a 7 or 9 series BIOS. They are known to be more stable, especially 7.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ranquil

Quote from: Blizzard on March 30, 2014, 06:01:44 pm
Try a 7 or 9 series BIOS. They are known to be more stable, especially 7.

Just tried a few 7s and there was no effect.
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

G_G

March 30, 2014, 07:04:54 pm #3 Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 11:42:27 pm by gameus
Or you know, try a better non-discontinued PSX emulator for android. ePSXe has an Android port now and FPse has always been one of the top PSX emulators.

EDIT: I also have a Galaxy S4, using SCPH1001  with my PS3 controller, ePSXe and FPse run absolutely fantastic on this device.

http://buy.thegameklip.com/products/gameklip-galaxy-siii (Says S3 but fits the s4 also)

Ranquil

March 31, 2014, 05:28:01 am #4 Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 05:53:05 am by Ranquil
Quote from: gameus on March 30, 2014, 07:04:54 pm
Or you know, try a better non-discontinued PSX emulator for android. ePSXe has an Android port now and FPse has always been one of the top PSX emulators.

EDIT: I also have a Galaxy S4, using SCPH1001  with my PS3 controller, ePSXe and FPse run absolutely fantastic on this device.

http://buy.thegameklip.com/products/gameklip-galaxy-siii (Says S3 but fits the s4 also)

Anything I can get for free? I'm not going to pay anything for an emulator. :)

//Let's just say that I said "Yarrrrr" and got ePSXe.

This time the problem is reversed! The picture shows just fine there's no sound! ;o
I'm using 1001 as my BIOS and my sound setting are Full sound effects and Normal.

G_G

Don't use full sound effects. Try using "Less sound effects (fast)" option. With a "normal" or "low" sound latency. And I know this sounds silly, but double check your media volume. I've had my phone volume turned up but my media volume turned down before. You can always google "fpse apk".

Ranquil

Quote from: gameus on March 31, 2014, 09:17:15 am
Don't use full sound effects. Try using "Less sound effects (fast)" option. With a "normal" or "low" sound latency. And I know this sounds silly, but double check your media volume. I've had my phone volume turned up but my media volume turned down before. You can always google "fpse apk".

Tried both less and full sound effects and both normal and low sound latency,  didn't work. I think it should be obvious that there's nothing wrong with the volume as the sound was just fine with PSX4droid but I checked the media volume and it was practically on full blast.  :D

G_G

Then it's the version of ePSXe you got your hands on. I have an S4 and I haven't had a problem with either ePSXe or FPse. PSX4Droid is so outdated that you're gonna be constantly running into issues.

Ranquil

Quote from: gameus on March 31, 2014, 02:50:41 pm
Then it's the version of ePSXe you got your hands on. I have an S4 and I haven't had a problem with either ePSXe or FPse. PSX4Droid is so outdated that you're gonna be constantly running into issues.

Gaaah, why didn't I think of that?! I jut updated it and tadah, now it works like magic xd