This MMO's combat is PERFECT.

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, April 10, 2014, 08:54:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

This right here, THIS is what I want:

Ryex

this... is an MMO!?
holly fuck I want to play this.... It in closed beta ins;t it...
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

WhiteRose

It looks like fun! I love the graphical style and the way that each role seems unique while still each managing to look "powerful." The archer and mage in particular looked like a lot of fun.

In a lot of ways, it looks kind of similar to a faster-paced version of PSO2. PSO2's biggest failings, in my opinion, were the lack of true open world and the lack of "synergy" between players (the game played the same regardless of who was in your group; more people just meant that things died faster.) I'm more of a fan of pseudo-D&D style systems, myself, where, for example, a fighter and a rogue are going to play completely different than two fighters for both of the players. If this game pulls those off, I'll definitely give it a try!

Ryex

Have you seen it's character customisation?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

winkio

Quote from: Ryex on April 10, 2014, 11:14:21 pm
Have you seen it's character customisation?

Yeah I saw that video, it's pretty fantastic.

At first, I was excited about the combat system.  It is very reminiscent of zelda in terms of how swordplay and dodges work.  But after watching the entire video, I realized that all the enemies have way too much health, to the point where it seems like it would be tedious to play.  I would much rather see both players and enemies dealing a much higher percentage of each other's health in a game like this.

Ryex

April 10, 2014, 11:40:56 pm #5 Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:42:04 pm by Ryex
well it's still a closed beta. plenty of time to change. and actually it looked like if you actually got it you were chuced and that a bais attack on something did about 4-6% of it's health = most things dies in 20 seconds + lots of aoe in your slashes or whatever so it's not too bad.

Spaceman McConaughey

@winkio:
I like to think it was being demoed with low level characters, spells and gear, so as to show off the combat to its fullest (show more animations and attacks, and what have you). Makes sense when you think about it, as it looks like they wanted one continuous shot for each character.

So, if this gets an English release, who wants to smash heads in with me?

Blizzard

Man, this looks pretty fun. I also saw the character customizer the other day, it's insane. I usually avoid MMOs for being such a huge time consumer. But this? I'm actually considering to give this a real shot. It looks fun as fuck.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

April 11, 2014, 02:38:46 am #8 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 09:08:06 pm by Colonel Blinx
Quote from: Colonel Blinx on April 11, 2014, 01:00:18 am
it looks like they wanted one continuous shot for each character.

I take that back, since it looks like there was an extra shot for the archer.

EDIT:
http://kotaku.com/even-boring-chores-look-good-in-this-beautiful-mmo-1562423775

Soulshaker3

December 07, 2014, 11:40:22 am #9 Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 11:50:05 am by soulshaker3
Just fyi open beta will start 16th december in korean server, you can download it and play it tough, Imma give a shot

Edit: website here http://black.game.daum.net/black/index.daum
Hellow?

Tazero

Have you tried dragons nest or Vindictus?

If you were a fish...