[XP]Request - Font Help

Started by PhoenixFire, April 27, 2014, 01:33:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

I have found that I am in need of a quick script that will allow you to load a font and make it overwrite the default font being used. Similar to how F0's Memory Font Loader works, where it reads the font from a specified folder, but I need it to actually replace the font in use, with the new font loaded from the font folder. Basically, this is a compatibility feature, as it will force the game to use a font being shipped along with the game, which will be useful for a system such as mine where the game runs perfectly fine, except that I can not see the text (I'm running Linux Mint, with RMXP running through WINE. Game works fine when I run from .exe file, but none of the text is diplayed. I assume this type of script would fix the problem? )

Also, if this script really works the way I need it to (that is, to make the text work within Linux systems as well), then this may become a paid project for someone.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

ForeverZer0

April 27, 2014, 07:15:28 am #1 Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 07:17:06 am by ForeverZer0
Can you just load the font using the script, and then a simple script call or snippet in "Main":

Font.default_name = "MyFontName"
?

Its also very possible the Memory Font Loader does not work under WINE. It uses some Win32API calls, which can be buggy under non-Windows systems.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

PhoenixFire

April 27, 2014, 09:25:07 am #2 Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:30:31 am by PhoenixFire
Ah, hmm, well that could be an issue. Is that something that could be fixed by providing the proper files to WINE? I tried the simple solution of putting the font files in the c:\windows\fonts\ folder, but no luck on that (I kinda figured it seemed to easy to work lolz). I may try installing it through CrossOver (for those who don't know, it's a compatibility program, similar to what WINE does, built for Macs and Linux systems, but works on a different level), and see if that can handle it. If I remember correctly, last time I tried it, it worked fine running in the virtual bottles that CrossOver makes for programs..

If you have a thought as to how I might be able to do an alternative solution, lemme know :)

EDIT: That script call seems to work, so I'm not sure why it didn't work last night, but whatever.. Looks like WINE can handle "Arial" as a font.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?