The Rise of Fire (Flame of Life Remake/HD)

Started by Magus, April 30, 2014, 02:29:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Magus

April 30, 2014, 02:29:29 am Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 02:34:29 am by Magus
                                                                 THE RISE OF FIRE

Ah yes, it had to be done. The remake of this old crap game has come upon us. And not just any remake --but a complete start-from-scratch remake giving it two titles. Main title: The Rise of Fire. Subtitle: Flame of Life HD. Compared to the old game, this version may as well be HD. But, what's the difference between the two? What changes are being made?

--The storyline has been DRASTICALLY improved. It's almost like a different story. It follows the same elements of the old one, except in GREATER and clearer detail. The cutscenes are different --after all, remade from scratch, right?

-- Graphics: The window skin has been changed as well as font. Flare and Flarina's sprites are changed. There are a few other things in it like the HUD using Z-HUD epicness and what not.  Of course, weapons animations for when Flare attacks exist.

--System: You won't have to focus on leveling up so much but rather, pay more attention to the story. The gameplay and story will be balanced, but you'll still be able to take on the challenges without having to spend most of your time level-grinding. Hence, Flare starting at level 25.
HP and SP will be the same though no matter what level until you find special items. (IE: SOMETHING LIKE HEART PIECES FROM ZELDA.)
Flame mode is gone (though I doubt anyone attempted to finish that horrid game to find out what that is.)

---Music: Don't worry, I won't leave any trolly music in the game this time. The soundtracks will be legit. And I downloaded good ones too. I won't spoil them here though.

---Characters.  We still have are old cast. A few Cast from the old Flame of Life 2(No remake on this --the story will be condensed into 1 game) will be put in. And a few new characters.  There isn't as much as I'm poorly describing here though. I'm more or less replacing some characters.
--Personalities have been revamped.  For example, Flarina may appear sort of naive in one of the opening cutscenes, but when she actually meets Flare, she's tsundere. That was actually her original personality that I failed to input in the original game.

--Mapping: Obviously this will be better. I never got to show off Generations, because of the 128 MB thing and then hard drive failure from that dell-windows 7 enterprise laptop BUT anyway:  Yes, there will be plenty to explore. NO WORLD MAP. This isn't Mario xD. I am aware of how much the old WM shorted the game.   Can you find the game's secrets?

-- The story itself revolves around a tale.   In the game, there is no "Flame of Life."  I ditched that. Instead, there is a tale involving a hero of fire. But I don't won't to spoil it here. It reads pretty good in the game.

Here's 1 screenshot from the new and improved Warewoods. I'll probably add a few more as the production rolls on.

Spoiler: ShowHide

-- The map may still need a bit more work. It doesn't show well, but there are multiple paths to take enabling explorations. Exploring will not go unrewarded. The secrets are real.  Finding the thousands of secret hidden items in the old game probably was next to impossible XD unless you were lucky. In this game, you'll find them through exploration and maybe a little luck. Optional bosses too.

More to come as the production progresses.

So far credits include:
Myself, Blizzard/Winkio (BABS 2.86), LittleDrago(the health display), Enterbrain, Namco. If I missed any, please let me know...
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />