[XP] Residence Of Hell (Demo)

Started by calvinchun832, May 10, 2014, 10:20:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

calvinchun832

May 10, 2014, 10:20:48 am Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 06:39:54 am by calvinchun832
STORYLINE :

There are tales of an ancient castle used by the Leargant Tribe's Sultan as a hideout during the cold world war, still standing to this very day. Previously used as a place of torture and execution, dangerous souls of unknown origin are said to stalk its dark corridors, feeding on the depression and hatred stored there-in.

Townsfolk have even witnessed many bizarre phenomena - loud crying and screams - coming from the castle during the night. Much effort was put into uncovering the dark secret of the place, yet there has been no evidence provided as those who entered never left to tell of what they witnessed with-in those dark and dismal walls.

When the townsfolk finally gave up on their attempts to solve the mystery they chose to rename the old castle the Residence of Hell, as they know that those who step foot inside will soon understand the true definition of 'hell.'

GAME DESCRIPTION

Press Arrow Keys to move around,
ESC to open menu,
Space to Interact.
Press '1' to switch weapon.
Press A+F to attack using equipped weapon.
The game requires the player to piece the storyline together by reading through notes, solving puzzles and encountering dark, mysterious and suspicious strangers. While doing all of this, there will be numerous demonic entities which will try to pursue the you relentlessly, waiting for you to make a mistake. Items such as Medkits and Painkiller Pills scattered around the palace will prove valuable to you once you are confronted with these entities.

FEATURES :

Interactive Environment such as Drawers, Lockers, vase .etc
Featuring Blizz-ABS
Dark atmosphere
Limited-Inventory
Parallax-Mapped Maps
Variabilities

SCREENSHOTS :

You'll never know what's lurking on the darkness...

The limited inventory will be either your doom or salvation...

Demonic entities will pursue you relentlessly..

CHARACTERS :

KYLE :
Just passed his test in Paranormal Investigating. However, as a newcomer, he didn't choose an easy paranormal task to be solved, instead he plunges in the dark corridor of the hellish residence, with a cause to gain recognition in his early steps to achieve his dream as the world-known Paranormal Investigator.

DOWNLOAD :

[UPDATE!] Residence Of Hell v1.1b = http://www.mediafire.com/download/dzqq0q7vz5b4h8q/ROH_Demo_V1.1b.rar

calvinchun832

Update! Manage to track a few bugs. Game patch v1.1b containing bug fixes will be released tonight.

Heretic86

I'll give this a try in a few minutes and report back...
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

calvinchun832

Thanks! This is a whole new experience for me in all skills including scripting, graphics only excluding music. So, i really appreciate
feedback. Here is the bug fix : https://www.dropbox.com/s/jn27kzoycwtmlu3/ROH%20V1.1b%20Patch.rar (tell me if theres any problem with the link.)
And updated main post!

Crasger

Looks cool based on that screenshot, calvinchun. It'll probably turn out great by the end.

calvinchun832

Thanks! I will finish this one xD

Heretic86

Game just crashes on me when I start it up.  Warning screen appears, but after, cant interact with any Menus.  Hit a key then crash at title.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

calvinchun832

May 19, 2014, 10:36:38 am #7 Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:38:28 am by calvinchun832
Have you downloaded the v1.1b bugfixes on the main page? If the error still occured please report back to me,
Maybe its a script error. And a screenies could help me fix the error.
:)