Interesting Stuff

Started by PhoenixFire, May 12, 2014, 12:13:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

Just took that personality types test, and found out I have the INTP type - The Engineer. There's some pretty cool info about it, one such tidbit is famous people of the same type, and interestingly enough, I'm the same type as Albert Einstein, Socrates, Darwin, Pascal, and a bunch of others that I have actually "looked up to" in a sense, for a while... Pretty cool stuff, needed to share. That is all hehe
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

KK20

My interesting story about MBTI. I never knew about it until my first year in college. At the time, I was enrolled in a special program where I was guaranteed set classes with the same people. It was a university prep program...so yeah.

Anyways, we had to take a counseling class to learn more about ourselves like what we value most and our learning styles and such. So we had to pay $20 I think to take the MBTI test. She kinda told us what the categories were before we took it. I figured I fell in the Rationalist category (NT) since I always felt the odd one out in school. I mean, I couldn't relate with ANYONE in high school.

As it turns out, I'm an INTJ. Not to mention the ONLY rationalist in the entire class of like 30 students. The teacher grouped us into the four types: SJ, SP, NF, and NT. So...lo and behold, I was all alone. Again. Not like that bothered me; I'm 100% introverted anyways.

But it was nice to receive some closure after taking the test--I am a pretty rare type. It's kinda no wonder I have trouble making friends in person as apposed to the internet.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Ryex

I too am an INTP, welcome to the 3%!

The INTJ are our brother organisation but they are much more exclusive at 1.5%. that's ok though, they can keep their bloody logic. I much prefer intuition.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

winkio

Hm, I just took a free internet test, and the result is a little silly:

QuoteENFP
Extravert(22%)  iNtuitive(62%)  Feeling(25%)  Perceiving(22%)
You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (22%)
You have distinct preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

I've actually had to discuss my personality to some extent with multiple therapists, and their conclusion in that I have a hybrid personality that doesn't fit into any one of the standard categories.  Obviously, nobody is supposed to completely fit into these types of things, but I guess I'm completely different.

Crasger

Quote from: Ryex on May 12, 2014, 01:04:39 am
I too am an INTP, welcome to the 3%!

The INTJ are our brother organisation but they are much more exclusive at 1.5%. that's ok though, they can keep their bloody logic. I much prefer intuition.

So... INTP is a rare type of personality? Definitely not as rare as INTJ, though.

What's the common one, then?

Blizzard

Not sure. I know that I took one a few months back (we had a conversation about it here) and I'm ENTJ. Not sure how common this one is though.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

May 12, 2014, 10:28:15 am #6 Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 10:38:35 am by KK20
Quote from: Crasger on May 12, 2014, 05:52:12 am
What's the common one, then?

I'm not sure which source I google is trustworthy, but I can tell you that the Guardian type (SJ) is the most common in the world. Men tend to fall in ISTJ and ESTJ while women fall in ISFJ and ESFJ. Together, they account for almost half of all personality types. And I don't doubt it--a majority of my friends and family are guardians (and I don't need them to take a test to believe).

After that are the Artisans (SP), then Idealists (NF), then Rationalists (NT)--which I believe account for around 7-10% of the population.

Yeah, I have a stupid fascination with MBTI. I studied the shit out of this stuff in my class.

Quote from: winkio on May 12, 2014, 02:30:09 am
I've actually had to discuss my personality to some extent with multiple therapists, and their conclusion in that I have a hybrid personality that doesn't fit into any one of the standard categories.  Obviously, nobody is supposed to completely fit into these types of things, but I guess I'm completely different.

During high school, the adults thought I had some kind of autism or asperger's. Turns out I just don't know how to express my emotions or form coherent thoughts into words without being given time to think it over.

It's been discussed that MBTI is not a solid, for-sure thing; you can't really categorize everyone and call it a day. In my case, after having read up INTJ, I can entirely believe that I am one. I still think you would resemble INTP more though, according to the posts you have made.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

I'm in the 7%-10%, fuck yeah!

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

R.A.V.S.O

I got ISTJ, not sure on the percentage though but I guess I'm pretty common, no big deal,

originally though I was gonna end up as ISTP but it seems J won by around 3%

Personality Test results
Spoiler: ShowHide

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

Ryex

if it only won by 3% then by all means call yourself ISTP if you wish. the MBTI tests are only a modeterly good way to categorize the majority of people you can fall on borderlines between two personalities quite esaly. In my case I'm quite firmly a INTP with the parts all over 85% to one side or the other, some in the 98%. My sister scores as an INTJ but her scores are are in the 50-60% (much closer to the borderline)
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

That is true. There characteristics aren't even mutually exclusive. For example, you can be both extraverted and introverted.

R.A.V.S.O

Quote from: Ryex on May 12, 2014, 04:14:23 pm
if it only won by 3% then by all means call yourself ISTP if you wish. the MBTI tests are only a modeterly good way to categorize the majority of people you can fall on borderlines between two personalities quite esaly. In my case I'm quite firmly a INTP with the parts all over 85% to one side or the other, some in the 98%. My sister scores as an INTJ but her scores are are in the 50-60% (much closer to the borderline)

I read both of them, I think I'll stick to ISTJ, makes me think of "papers please" every now and then, that and it sounds a bit more like me.
Personality Test results
Spoiler: ShowHide

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou