Her

Started by Blizzard, May 14, 2014, 04:42:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Her
May 14, 2014, 04:42:41 pm Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 04:49:07 pm by Blizzard
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1798709

So this dude buys a new OS which is an AI and then they fall in love with each other. The movie is weird at the same time as being sweet. It really gets you thinking about some existential things. Some of the things that happen should make you angry, but they don't since they are kind of justified. But then again they aren't really ok so it's a bunch of mixed feelings you get from watching it. Without spoiling anything, lol!

I definitely recommend it. I'm really not one for love stories or anything like that, but this movie is so much more (which is also a analogy for the AI becoming "so much more") since it touches so many philosophical topics without ever explicitly stating that it does.

EDIT: One user review states:

QuoteIt moves through all of the most complex and interesting questions that we should be asking ourselves about what it means to be a human being. About what it means to be alive. This film is about all that life is. And after the screening, as well as during, I found myself questioning things in my own life that either don't make sense or don't have to make sense. Like love and thoughts and emotions. They're all so natural and yet none of us truly understand how they work. In my opinion, moreso than any other film this year, Her has the perfect mix of complex ideas, story, and character development. One of the best scripts ever written.

Yes, exactly that. This is exactly what happened to me while watching it.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Crasger

Humanity is a strange thing.

I haven't watched the movie myself, but the general idea I think I've understood from the trailers and plot summaries.

For a while when it first came out I thought it was just another chick-flick.

Ryex

It really is a strange movie. I've seen it myself only once, late at night, but it stuck with me. Deffinetly recomended
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

The trailer is totally misguided. Yes, from the trailer it looks like just another chick-flick.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

moisesnake

i watched it recently and it was kind of disturbing...
Stiring the bowlಠ_ಠ

Crasger

May 15, 2014, 09:13:09 pm #5 Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 09:17:09 pm by Crasger
Concept sounds interesting, though, now that I've heard of more in-depth descriptions for this movie.

G_G

Going to watch it. The movie peaked my curiosity awhile ago, but now I really want to watch it. I'll be back to post my thoughts.

KK20

Yeah, I've been wanting to see this ('cuz ya know AI...computer scientist...it's like it was made for us). It's not exactly a concept that HASN'T been explored yet; I'd like to think of it as the Western interpretation of Japan's Chobits.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

Hm, it might have been explored before, but this movie is a unique take at it.