[RESOLVED]Something similar to this?

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, May 28, 2014, 11:43:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

May 28, 2014, 11:43:26 pm Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 03:46:21 am by Colonel Blinx
Or just convert it over for RMXP?
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/4917-khas-awesome-light-effects/

According to KK20, it's possible.
So, anyone willing to do it? It's okay if not.

Blizzard

That script seems awfully familiar. I think I once ported it to RMXP already. Remind me to dig it out when I get home from work. I'm pretty sure it's still somewhere on my PC.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

May 29, 2014, 02:01:06 am #2 Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 02:02:43 am by Colonel Blinx
Quote from: Blizzard on May 29, 2014, 01:33:13 am
That script seems awfully familiar. I think I once ported it to RMXP already. Remind me to dig it out when I get home from work. I'm pretty sure it's still somewhere on my PC.

Whoa, really? :o
Like, with those dynamic shadows and everything?

If so, that'd be fantastic!

Blizzard

There are some "limitations" (e.g. tiles with rounded corners that are used for corners look a bit weird), but everything works in general. I was amazed myself to see how smooth it was actually working. If I remember right, I did that script port for money, but I think that enough time has passed since then so I can just release it.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

I expected that would be the case with round tiles, yeah.
Here's hoping you have it and can release it. :)

Blizzard

May 29, 2014, 03:26:47 am #5 Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 03:29:11 am by Blizzard
I'm 90% sure it's there since I remember seeing a folder called "Dynamic Lighting" or "Dynamic Lights" a few weeks ago in my "Others" folder. And the only thing I ever did regarding lighting was the RMXP port of this script. I'm also pretty sure it's this one because I remember those test maps.

EDIT: Man, I'm fucking retarded. I can just check my backup on Dropbox and see if it's there.

EDIT: "Paid" folder, not "Others". And the files was called "light effects".

EDIT: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20224394/light%20effects.rar

Spaceman McConaughey