It's been a while.

Started by StormyT, May 29, 2014, 07:40:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

StormyT

May 29, 2014, 07:40:46 pm Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:09:00 am by StormyT
6 years, actually. Once upon a time, in 2008 there was an 10 year old child here on this board. Went by the simple initials-based user name of 'cstb'.
I can't believe it's been this long since I've been messing around with RPG Maker. The board logo hasn't changed since 2009 by the looks of it, either.
That was back when Gameus went by the name of gameguy and the Chaos-Project game was still in beta.
Things have changed a lot since then, but I think that kinda comes with the whole age-doubling thing. How's everybody been?

WhiteRose

2008 was before I was here, so I don't believe that we've met. Welcome to Chaos Project! It's great for you to be here. :D

Zexion

Was definately before my time. Welcome back to c-p :D

orochii

But since 2008 it has been 6 years. So, are you 16 or 14? I'm a little confused.

BUT ANYWAY. Welcome back!

KK20

May 30, 2014, 01:10:15 am #4 Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 01:11:37 am by KK20
Yeah, it's been 6 years. lol

Good to see more people returning. You're practically a veteran :P

Oh, there you are: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?action=profile;u=239

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

Wait, cstb? I remember you.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

StormyT

May 30, 2014, 08:06:17 am #6 Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:12:23 am by StormyT
6 years. Miscalculation. Haven't really met anybody here except Blizzard. I'm 16 now, not 14. Silly me.
Either way, it's been a long time. Things have changed for me, and although I don't see myself getting too involved with RPG Maker I'm still keeping an eye on the community and how it's been evolving. I remember I was always so obsessed with Kingdom Hearts and FFX-2. Wanted to try and merge them in RPG Maker although that's nigh impossible without a proper understanding of RGSS. Instead I found myself just messing around with Tons of Add-Ons and seeing how I could mix together different scripts for results. It's kinda fun to look back on my 10* (not 8 ) year old self typing with as many Zs instead of S's in my sentences, shortening everything for 'teh interwebs'.
Things do change.
I guess now that I think about it, I was kinda raised on RPG Maker, learning game design, etc. I've been focusing more on the sound aspect of things lately, what kind of feedback can make a hit seem satisfying. No simple cookie cutter midi tone works for me these days.

Crasger

Welcome back to Chaos Project, one of the best forums on the net.
Nice, tight-knit community, isn't it?

StormyT

It's pretty tight-knit indeed. I'm surprised it's still around though, to be honest.
Anyways, I've been going by Stormtronic on steam and League of Legends and whatnot, so if anybody desires to add me there you go.
yes I got stormtronic from blizzard's old cms

Soulshaker3

Hellow?

Zexion

Quote from: StormyT on May 30, 2014, 08:06:17 am
I remember I was always so obsessed with Kingdom Hearts and FFX-2. Wanted to try and merge them in RPG Maker although that's nigh impossible without a proper understanding of RGSS.

It's like I'm your younger self or something xD

Blizzard

Quote from: StormyT on May 30, 2014, 09:30:21 am

OMG I CHANGED YOUR LIFE
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

orochii

Quote from: StormyT on May 30, 2014, 08:06:17 amI guess now that I think about it, I was kinda raised on RPG Maker, learning game design, etc. I've been focusing more on the sound aspect of things lately, what kind of feedback can make a hit seem satisfying. No simple cookie cutter midi tone works for me these days.

Seems like someone wasn't losing his time :DD. I'll do love to hear some of your stuff then.

StormyT

May 30, 2014, 05:43:25 pm #13 Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 05:47:08 pm by StormyT
Quote from: Blizzard on May 30, 2014, 01:33:25 pm
Quote from: StormyT on May 30, 2014, 09:30:21 am

OMG I CHANGED YOUR LIFE

Hilariously if you search up Stormtronic on google my usernames show up along with some musician of some sorts. I had to use more keywords to get your CMS.

Either way, I just got Mario Kart 8 installed so I'll be playing that now. If anybody wants to chat I'm always on steam.
Btw I just picked up VX Ace in case I get bored, so you guys might see some experimental gameplay demos around on the forum.
Thanks Humble Bundle.   :^_^':

SquareMan

Welcome back to the forums Stormy. You seem to have gone inactive right around the time I registered here on the forums. I myself have just recently came back to the forums and was surprised as well at how well the community is still doing.
QuoteThey've got helmets on they're heads. But I gotta watermeloan instead!