Sorry, dumb-ass feminist.

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, May 29, 2014, 08:34:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

...if there's no such thing as misandry, there's no such thing as misogyny.
This is a fact, fucking deal with it.

Here's the mindless spiel that has me annoyed:
http://factcheckme.wordpress.com/2009/08/30/no-such-thing-as-misandry/

You know what? Feminism is stupid. I feel bad for the idiots who identify as a feminist, man or woman.
Sorry, humanism is the way to go. Strive for equality, not snuffing out the opposite sex.

And yes, I know true feminism is all for equality, but now-a-days, that's not what the most vocal feminists strive for.
It's a hollow, hateful, ignorant shell of what it once was.

So again: fuck feminism, yay equality.
And especially fuck the dumb-asses that make articles like the one I linked.

Crasger

I'm sure as hell that the internet ruined feminism. It made it more accessible and more and more ignorant women and men started to identify as feminists without fully understanding what it once was about.

Blizzard

The problem is that a lot of feminists aren't for just equality, but their version of equality. I remember that we had this discussion here at CP once.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

Crasger

May 30, 2014, 08:07:59 am #4 Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:13:38 am by Crasger
People have warped up versions of what they'd like to be in order to get what they want. And like a child who has just dropped their ice cream to the ground; they're gonna cry, moan, bitch and protest until they get what they want.

For example: I hate stupid people, I complain about stupid people. I want there to be no more stupid people on this Earth (more than anything even if that's an impossible dream) but I don't take it to extremes like they do. I don't hold protests against stupid people. It's a lost cause, like theirs. Plus, we all have our stupid moments anyway. So saying that we need to eradicate all idiots is like saying we need to kill all humans. 

Another thing about some feminists (and a lot of different types of philosophies and beliefs in general) is when someone tries to tell them otherwise, or give them something else to think about, they go berserk. Some of them also try to force their belief of that on others as if that was the only right way. Ain't that equality?

Heretic86

I think the feminazi movement has been co-opted and twisted to defer blame of who is the real guilty party in female inequality; Govt.  Govt is great at two specific things.  Divide and Conquer, and absolving itself of Blame for dividing and conquering.  Real Feminists that believe in equal rights for ALL do not share the distorted views most modern feminazi supporters do.  Feminist would say equal pay for men or women.  Feminazi would say all men are rapists and should all be castrated at birth, outlaw both abortion AND contraception, then blame men for that too.  Biggest problem I see is that Govt actually listened to the Feminazi crowd and they got exactly what they wanted.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Blizzard

It's one to make mistakes or have a stupid moment and another thing to be stupid.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Abigail

I never understood humanism. Valuing all humans in the world equally seems both irrational and impossible.

Spaceman McConaughey

When I said humanism, I more meant not valuing one gender over another.
You know, just looking at each other as humans, rather than genders that need more special treatment than the other.

Though, I guess you missed the point.

Abigail

Quote from: Colonel Blinx on May 30, 2014, 05:14:19 pm
When I said humanism, I more meant not valuing one gender over another.
You know, just looking at each other as humans, rather than genders that need more special treatment than the other.

Though, I guess you missed the point.

That's not what humanism means so if I missed the point it's hardly my fault.

In the hope that I now understand you better, I think I agree with what you're saying.

Spaceman McConaughey

May 30, 2014, 07:31:12 pm #10 Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 07:35:08 pm by Colonel Blinx
But here's what you're still missing:
I wasn't using humanism in the common sense. I was using humanism as a play on the term "feminism." If I was for actual humanism, I wouldn't hate feminist extremists so much. I also wouldn't be glad that Elliot Rodger put a bullet in his own brain (said in another thread).

You can over-examine the post as much as you like, but the other parts of my post (as well as how I generally act towards scum when it's brought up on this forum) mixed with using the term humanism clearly shows I wasn't using it in the traditional sense, and that should have been obvious.

Abigail

Quote from: Colonel Blinx on May 30, 2014, 07:31:12 pm
But here's what you're still missing:
I wasn't using humanism in the common sense. I was using humanism as a play on the term "feminism." If I was for actual humanism, I wouldn't hate feminist extremists so much. I also wouldn't be glad that Elliot Rodger put a bullet in his own brain (said in another thread).

You can over-examine the post as much as you like, but the other parts of my post (as well as how I generally act towards scum when it's brought up on this forum) mixed with using the term humanism clearly shows I wasn't using it in the traditional sense, and that should have been obvious.

So you're not a humanist. We don't have to fight about it.

Zexion

Tugg, you can't use words however you want to and then expect people to understand based on whatever context clues you feel are left in your message. No two people think the same, so you can't really blame her for missing the point.

But the woman in that article is clearly delusional. She has got to be joking, right? Men live privileged lives? Maybe in SOME parts of the world, but here in the USA I don't see how a man is any more privileged than a woman... I mean, Kim Kardashian. That is all.

Spaceman McConaughey

May 30, 2014, 08:05:54 pm #13 Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:07:11 pm by Colonel Blinx
Abigail:
Nobody's fighting. I'm just explaining myself, since you couldn't see the anti-humanism tone of the post.
Whatever there was, you started by shifting the topic into this direction.

Zexion:
...you know, I thought it was obvious, because the OP was blatantly anti-humanist.
And I actually can use words as I want. I mean, the entire feminist movement is now using the word feminist wrong. ZING.

Anyways, I'm done being lectured now, thanks.
I meant what I meant, and just because people can't connect the dots to see the post is inherently anti-humanism, that doesn't change the meaning of what I said. I did a little play on words. I used a word out of context as a play on words. That is all.

Abigail

Quote from: Colonel Blinx on May 30, 2014, 08:05:54 pm
Abigail:
Nobody's fighting. I'm just explaining myself, since you couldn't see the anti-humanism tone of the post.
Whatever there was, you started by shifting the topic into this direction.

Zexion:
...you know, I thought it was obvious, because the OP was blatantly anti-humanist.
And I actually can use words as I want. I mean, the entire feminist movement is now using the word feminist wrong. ZING.

Anyways, I'm done being lectured now, thanks.
I meant what I meant, and just because people can't connect the dots to see the post is inherently anti-humanism, that doesn't change the meaning of what I said. I did a little play on words. I used a word out of context as a play on words. That is all.

Sorry I came of as lecturing/arrogant. I am just in a bad mood and really tired.

Spaceman McConaughey

Crasger

Quote from: Colonel Blinx on May 30, 2014, 08:05:54 pm

Haha. What a way to fight fire with fire. But seriously if a "feminist" gets on here and this thread explodes or something within the net feminazi movement, we're screwed.

Man, they're everywhere.

Blizzard

I think that the main reason for so much feminist bashing on the Internet occurs, because feminists always seem to be pissed off and angry rather than trying to be reasonable and compassionate.

winkio

Quote from: Blizzard on May 31, 2014, 02:53:20 am
... on the Internet ... reasonable and compassionate.

Ha.  Hahahaha.  Hahahahahahahahahahaha.  Hah.

Blizzard

I know I'm asking for the impossible. xD