RPG Maker Contest

Started by PhoenixFire, May 31, 2014, 11:19:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

So I know some of you are members elsewhere, and have probably already seen this link, but just wanted to post this here too... There's a contest going on for game-making, and I know some of you just need a reason to make a game, so, the possible prize of $10,000 should be a good motivator.. I'll just leave this link here =p

http://contest.rpgmakerweb.com/
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Zexion

Holy shet, I didn't realize it started already. I thought June was far off, but apparently it was closer than I'd though o.o

PhoenixFire

Yep haha. I actually registered and just spent like 4 hours so far on making a submission for it! I don't think I'll get the grand prize or anything, but who knows... I'm using everything I've learned from this place and RMRK, to make a unique game, completely divergent from the norm. It's going to be player driven, not goal driven, with a very silly, casual, and laid-back feel to it  8)
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Neoend

Technically Zex, it started 2 days ago :p

But yeah, I'm working on a goal driven game. I couldn't justify any other approach to make it completable in an hour.
It's gonna have good music though at the very least.
Hey! if you like webcomics and other fun distractions check out my site:
www.laforix.com

R.A.V.S.O

Think I could add mine as well, I'll simply use the prologue's mission and revolve it around that.

should be the 1 hour they specified.
Personality Test results
Spoiler: ShowHide

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

Neoend

So how are the guys that are participating finding? Myself, I'm 40 maps and yesterday I realized this beast is going to end up taking two hours or more to complete in one play through. Maps had to be sacrificed.
www.laforix.com

legacyblade

Wow. You're moving fast :P I've only got...like 0 minutes of gameplay (though I do have all the skills and weapons in the database). I end up spending a few hours each day making poses for whatever cutscene I'm doing. Mine is a bit of a story heavy game, so I spend A LOT of time eventing cutscenes x.x I finally got to the point where the player gets control though :P after about 5 mins of cutscenes.

Neoend

June 11, 2014, 11:52:19 am #7 Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 01:13:20 am by Neoend
It sounds like we kind of started in different places. I started by working on gameplay events and now I'm balancing battles and then on Friday, I'll finish sequencing the maps and then start filling the story bits.
And hey, your game is Sin Unsullied right? I saw it on the other forum, I thought it looked really nice. =D
www.laforix.com

legacyblade

@Neoend, yeah, it is ^.^ Glad you like it enough to recognize my name on another forum o.o

And we actually did start in the same way. First thing I did was event the opening cutscene and titlescreen. But I didn't want to use the DBS, so I had to spend ages configuring the one I want :P It's a bit finicky, as it's a port of a VX script. Thankfully though, pretty much all I'll have left to do after today is the story cutscenes and battles :3

Neoend

Haha sorry, I just happen to have good memory for details.
And my mistake. But hey, that's good! I had a giant glitch popping up for my battles and that took up too much of my time.
But yeah, goodluck! I think I'll be making a post for my game in a few days too.
www.laforix.com