Script in the works for XP: Disable Battle Menu Commands. Thoughts?

Started by Heretic86, June 03, 2014, 07:09:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretic86

Not posting the script itself yet, not quite finished, but mostly done.

I put together a script to Disable Battle Menu Commands, such as "Attack", "Skill" etc.  The script will be called like "disable_command(actor_id, "Attack")" for each actor.  For each disable, of course, there will also be an "enable" equivilant.  Changing "Attack" is also based on whatever label you use, so its compatible with other languages or menu commands that are new, and there is no limit on the number of menu items that can be disabled.

Its mostly intended for Tutorial Battles.

The result of using scripts like this would force players to only be able to choose one menu item, like "Attack" and nothing else.

What I have NOT done is the ability to enable or disable other menu items in other Scenes, like Battle Spells or specific Items in the Items window, etc.  For example, if you wanted to use this script to force a player to use a specific spell or item.  Just wondering if I should add in these abilities as well, or is this just fine only putting limits on "Attack", "Skill", "Defend", and "Item"?

Thoughts?
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

KK20

Might as well go for it. I've never heard of such a script. I'm curious how the script will know what "Attack" is and disable the appropriate command. Unless this is only compatible with scripts that stay true to the default battle system (or you have some kind of configuration like case string; when "Attack" then return 0)

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Heretic86

That window is a Window_Command, which has a property called @commands, just an array for the text of each item displayed.  The script checks that window when visiblility is set to true for the text, and holds "disabled words" for each actor in its own array.

This is what I have so far:

Spoiler: ShowHide
*Redacted*

Script is posted.  Added some more comments to help fix any issues with it.

Just what else I should do to either make it more compatible, or, in general, better?

---

I just going to release this script as is.  If there are other ideas or requests, I'll look at adding to the script.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)