Gamers Archive

Started by PhoenixFire, June 05, 2014, 09:33:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

June 05, 2014, 09:33:58 pm Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 09:49:42 pm by PhoenixFire
So, I have come across a TON of dead links, broken downloads, and other such disappointing situations over the past several years whilst traversing this site, RMRK, HomeBrew, etc. and I've decided to start up a small, not too over-advertised (at least not for a bit) file-server / archive style site. My offer is free file hosting for projects, files, etc for just about anyone that's wants it. This is kind pf similar to the idea that GG had a while back with Cybele, but not nearly as elaborate or attractive looking.

Would anyone be interested in using this as well? If not, that's okay, I still plan to use it myself, but I figure why not share the wealth! This place has been a huge help to me over the years, so I'm trying to pay it forward in a way :)

The URL (when it becomes active) is gamers-archive.com

EDIT: If you think you would make use of this, and already know things that you would like to see on it, place a link to them somewhere on this thread :) Please be kind though.. If you're listing something that's not yours, make sure it's either a "dead profile" (member is definitely inactive) or it says that the script is completely free to use and distribute, etc. I'll obviously be checking them all too, but it helps me a little if I don't have to yell at you for not following the rules :3
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Zexion

Yeah i always hated clicking dead links, they're depressing ._.
I'd find use in it, but only if it would be up for a long time. Like YEARS, otherwise, my dropbox or other host sites are just as good :\

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Zexion on June 05, 2014, 09:42:13 pm
Yeah i always hated clicking dead links, they're depressing ._.
I'd find use in it, but only if it would be up for a long time. Like YEARS, otherwise, my dropbox or other host sites are just as good :\

Yes, I plan to keep it as a permanent resource.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Spaceman McConaughey

* Colonel Blinx snags domain

Thanks, yo.

:V:

But anyways, it sounds cool.
Not sure I'd have any use for it, but good luck.

Crasger

Huh, I'm surprised that domain hasn't been taken.

I remember though, there was another place with a similar name...

I think it was Doom's /idgames archive...

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Crasger on June 06, 2014, 06:51:29 am
Huh, I'm surprised that domain hasn't been taken.

Quote from: Colonel Blinx on June 06, 2014, 03:30:40 am
* Colonel Blinx snags domain

Well, technically it ~has~ been taken... by me... hehehehe

Yeah, I was surprised that it hadn't been taken yet either, since it has such good SEO value on the URL itself...

Blizzard

*buys domain*

Huh, what?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Crasger

So you guys just steal domains for kicks, huh?

Blizzard

Sure, why not. It's fun.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Crasger on June 06, 2014, 10:02:11 am
So you guys just steal domains for kicks, huh?

Not sure if you're actually asking or not, but no, neither he nor the others got it.. I actually owned the domain before I even posted it up here hehe

Crasger

You know, it's an in-joke.

If that domain was really for sale I'm sure Blizzard would've taken it for shits and giggles.