[XP]Sin Unsullied (Full game released!)

Started by legacyblade, June 08, 2014, 10:02:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

June 08, 2014, 10:02:07 pm Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 04:38:50 pm by legacyblade

Five days until the world ends.

Dreams may be a result of sentience, but where does sentience come from?

There is another world that doesn't exist in the traditional sense of the word. Before this world drew close to humans, they were little more than tool-grasping apes. But with the gift of the mind comes a great cost. If our mind is a real place, then our nightmares are real creatures. And it's up to the small handfull of Reapers to defend humanity from the dark terrors lying just at the edges of their minds.

Sin Unsullied is an action RPG with visual novel elements. You only have five days to juggle building friendships, repairing your relationship with the woman you love, and growing stronger so you can stop the end of the world. The story changes based on your actions, so choose carefully.

You don't have enough time to experience everything in one playthrough, so be ready to choose what you really want.

Lee is a nobleman who's spent his life tying to make those around him fulfill their dreams. After all, he was born with everything he could ever need. Why keep all that to himself?

But it all fell apart when he fell in love with someone he was helping. She threw away her life and became a Reaper.  And in the process, she threw Lee away as well.

With his will to help others gone, what is he to live for?

Fayte: ShowHide

Fayte made her way in life as a serving woman at a small tavern. Until she impressed Lee, a generous nobleman, with her ability to sing and tell stories. Now he's taken her into his world, showing her what renown her skills can earn her. Fayte could have the life she's always dreamed of if she just reaches out and accepts what she's being handed.

But there is more in life than singing and spinning tales. She had to throw it all away for something more important.

Action Battle System
Jump right into the action! You'll need to be quick on your feet to survive the end of the world.

Branching Dialog
Take charge of your relationships! What you say matters in Sin Unsullied. Choose your options wisely.

Immerse Music
High quality music has been composed exclusively for Sin Unsullied creating a truly cinematic experience!

An emotional journey
Several track of high quality music has been composed exclusively for Sin Unsullied. Truly a cinematic experience!

Title: ShowHide

Dancing in the Forest: ShowHide

Transformation Sequence: ShowHide

Performance: ShowHide

Meteor Shower: ShowHide

Spoiler: ShowHide

Writen And Directed by Spencer "Legacyblade Conrad"

Graphics:

Spencer "Legacyblade Conrad"
Enterbrain
Sithjester
Kan Gao
Land of Shadows
Moghunter
Rye
Rayen
Nessiah
Grafikal
Fortysixand2
Kiriashi
Freedesignfile
Shutter Stock
Tile-able
Fame Designer
Ruth Kosh

Music:
Abigail Haugen
Bryan Davis
ReclaimedGlory
Kunsel
Nathangday
Jasprelao
Lana42

Sound Effects:
Enterbrain
Soundsnap
Freesounds

RGSS Scripts:
Enterbrain
Blizzard
Winkio
Gameus
Fantasist
Ren-s--Joker
Dubealex
Maki
和希
Ccoa
ForeverZer0
Heretic
SCMike
Spencer "Legacyblade" Conrad

Testers:
Ali
Roxaszu
Trevor Forsyth
Mike Stephans
Gamus
Slimmmeiske2

To keep up to date with Sin Unsullied, go to http://pixelbards.com/

PLEASE COMMENT ON MY RPGMAKERWEB SUBMISSION PAGE
It will really help me out!

Spaceman McConaughey

Welcome back!
Also, this looks pretty cool. Good luck with it.

legacyblade

Aye. It's been forever hasn't it?

My online life just kinda died a few years back, and I haven't really posted on any forums since.

It feels nice to be back though o.o I need to go post in the introductions section or something. XD

BTW, this is a game I'm making for an RPG Maker contest. The deadline is the thirtieth, so I'm 100% sure I'm gonna finish this one :P I've gotten a lot better at not biting off more than a I can chew.

-edit, thanks btw. Glad you think it looks cool :3

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

legacyblade

Indeed I would be :P It's what motivated me to reinstall RMXP. Gotta say, a visual editor is a nice change of pace to working in C++

PhoenixFire

Very cool, and yes, I agree. I work with php, css, html, and assorted javascript at work, and other than the site open in a browser (assuming it's actually a working site), the only other "interface" I have is various editors (I currently love gedit because of syntax highlighting for a huuuge assortment of languages). I'm also in the contest, mostly because I now own legal copies of XP and Ace, so I figured I might as well use them, and on top of that, I've been playing around with a few ideas for games anyways :p  Good luck on yours! I think it looks pretty good so far, and after things I've seen in your past, I think it'll turn out really well :)
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

legacyblade

lol. I know that feeling. My employer found out I could write code and finally took me off the marketing team. I'm building a web database for keeping track of clients and their payments. Wish I knew javascript though, lol. That'd make a lot of it easier. I personally use codelobster. You ever tried that one?

Also, which you using for your project, XP or Ace?

And thanks for the compliment :3 I work really hard on this stuff, so it's nice to hear positive feedback ^.^ Also I'm glad some people still remember Darkness Rebirth (at least that's what I'm hoping your comment on my old stuff was referring to). I plan on making it one day in my own engine XD So it'd be cool if people who remembered the old unfinished version got to see the update hand-drawn one in all it's glory.

Good luck on your project too *goes to look for your project's topic*

Zexion

Nice project! I like that you edited the rtp in an unusual way and the custom sprites are nice too :b

legacyblade

@Zexionm thanks :3 glad you like them.

UPDATE EVERYONE!!!

I spent the day mapping out the main character's mansion. Man did it take forever x.x There was just so much empty space to fill in. Freaking rich people.

Here are some screenies of the mansion (they just show off a tiny bit of the mapping I did today)

I want Lee's bedroom :P

Also, I did my first nightmare graphic. The enemies in the games don't exist. They and their world are what created the human subconcious (and along with it sentience) just by existing. So they're more conceptual energy than actual beings. I decided to make them scribbles and energy. I'm not sure if I like the result. It looks a LOT more lazy than it is. It took a significant amount of time to draw that thing from every angle multiple times for battle (then deciding that particular enemy only looked intimidating from the front and scrpapped the other angels x.x)

Tell me what you think

PhoenixFire

I very much like this :D   I really like the concept that the enemies are basically a sub-struct of their subconscience.

Oh, and you mentioned a thread for my project. I have one that I'm about to copy on over to this site too =p

Spiralflux

I tried redoing your enemy sprite in Photoshop for a more realistic effect, since in my opinion the pencil tool doesn't really blend in too well to make it look "distorted" and energized. I also added a dark aura, kind of like fire, around the nightmare to signify that it is indeed a nightmare.
http://puu.sh/9nkvt/3dc537af56.jpg

Just a suggestion for improving the enemies. I obviously didn't spend much time on this, so I'm sure you can do a much better job.

legacyblade

@PhoenixFire, glad you like the concept :3 It'll allow for a couple cool ideas I have with what to do with the plot, as well as lets me be lazy and base the enemies of standard fantasy creatures :P

And huzzah ^.^  I checked out your project thread. It sounds pretty interesting. Check your topic for my full thoughts though Xd

@SpiralFlux, Hey, thanks for putting in that much effort to give me pointers :3 I really appreciate that.

And so far, I'm getting the same vibe. Particularly at the size I'm working at for the nightmares, just pencil scribbles doesn't cut it. What you tried out is actually sorta similar to what I'm gonna do o.o Basically, I'm going to make their bodies and hair mostly normal looking, but shade their clothes out of erratic energy. I'm going to constrain the outline a bit more, and add in scribbles with black afterwards (so it still looks scribbly like I want it, but it also has more of a pleasing aesthetic). My current thought is to modify full-kaiser sprites for the nightmares, cuz I want them to be big. XD

Thanks for your suggestion though :3 I'll see what adding a dark aura to them does. ^.^

Spiralflux

No problem, let me know if you need anymore suggestions or help. :)

legacyblade

@Spiralflux, well, I took your suggestions into account with the new version :3 lemee know what ya think

@All, After taking advice from a few different people, I modified the style of the nightmares. I think it looses a bit of uniqueness, (and departs a bit from my original vision) but it's hard to argue that this doesn't look better :P
Let me know what you guys think.

I used some half-kaiser sprite pieces for the armor, then sprited in the energy and scribbles from scratch. I think this new style fits in universe a bit better than my previous itteration, as the Reapers transform into their battle outfits with similar looking blue energy (though it looks solid after transformation). My justification for magical girl transformations is that it's difficult to hurt nightmares with phsyical things. So they wrap themselves in something that's both physical and idea...energy...stuff. Still need to come up with a name for the stuff :P

Zexion

Is the whole reaper/nightmare thing inspired by SquareEnix? Lol :b, awesomeness if it is. Also, that sprite looks nice!

legacyblade

It's actually inspired by madoka magica >.> The reapers are magical girls.

What game you think I drew inspiration from? lol. I dun remember any nightmares in kingdom hearts, though I guess you could call heartless that :P I haven't played much of their other stuff.

Spiralflux

Looks MUCH better and the art style is a lot more fitting.
As for a name of the "energy" that the Reapers would use, I had two ideas: Projection or Reverie.
Projection is simpler and it's basically a vague synonym for dreams. The Reaper becomes a "projection" of themselves and thus exists beyond a physical state, able to reach Nightmares.
Reverie is just fancier and is a literal synonym for Daydreaming. Basically an antonym for Nightmare if you want to do the whole Good vs Evil contrast. Also I think it sounds more epic. :P
I can just imagine some dialogue: "Holy shit, I didn't know her Reverie looked so bad ass. It's so bright too!"

legacyblade

June 10, 2014, 05:50:10 pm #17 Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 05:51:41 pm by legacyblade
I'm not gonna call their battle forms Reverie (just gonna call it "Reaper Form"), though I'm going to call the blue energy stuff that o.o It's a cool name for it ^.^

Thanks for the idea :D

Glad you like the new Nightmares btw :3 Since I've been making them all day, they're really starting to grow on me lol.

Spiralflux

No problem man. Feel free to shoot me a message here, or add me on Skype if you ever need to talk any ideas over. Always happy to help!

legacyblade

@Spiralflux, alright :3 I hardly ever get on skype though, but I'll be sure to add ya next time I boot it up!

@All, Sorry for going poof! I was finishing up the first third of my game so I could present it as a demo (it ends in a dramatically appropriate part). I set a goal of getting all that done by today, so that's why I kinda dropped off the face of the earth for a few days :P

http://legacyblade.com/downloads/SinUnsullied/demos/SinUnsullied-Demo-001.zip

Please let me know what you think! If you find any bugs, typos, etc, I'd love it if you could point them out to me. Or if you just have general suggestions/criticisms, I'm open to those too! I just wanna know what everyone thinks of what I've put the past 14 or so days into XD