Nintendo's reveals. Discuss.

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, June 10, 2014, 04:47:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

I came loads, like oh my God.

Zelda U? Hngh, looked amazing on so many levels.
Play as Midna in Hyrule Warriors? Unngh, has been one of my waifus for many years.
New Star Fox? GOD DAMN YES, I AM CUM. I AM CUM. OWOOOOOOGAH. PLEASE DON'T LET IT SUCK.

winkio

Splatoon was probably my favorite.  If somebody described a 3rd person shooter where human-squid hybrids run around and shoot ink at each other, I would have thought they were high on something, but from the trailer it looks really good.

Spaceman McConaughey

Yeah, that seems like it'll be a pretty good game.
God, I was just gonna get a Wii U for the new Zelda (and a few other things), but now there's so much more I wanna get for it.

Blizzard

Yeah, the new Zelda's looking gooooooood. But they really showed very little.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

They showed a fully androgynous Link.

Spoiler: ShowHide

right?

right?

Blizzard

True, it was enough to make me cum.

EDIT: ALSO THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME GOOGLE ANDROGYNOUS.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

I'm still of the belief that this Link is male.
I mean, unless this Link is a ten year old girl, we should at least be seeing some A or B-cup breasts.

Heretic86

Shirtless Link?  Now Im just too creeped out to think about it.

Topless Zelda?  Splatters room in Fapple Sauce.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Spaceman McConaughey

I'm getting excited thinking about the different tunic options.

I hope we can get a bad-ass suit of armor like in Twilight Princess.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Heretic86 on June 10, 2014, 06:27:53 pm
Fapple Sauce

I don't know if I should be laughing. But I am laughing.

I think Nintendo probably will be sticking to a male Link, given that he is more or less a consistent character across games, despite being, technically, a different person in the different games. Of course, because of that, they do have the wiggle room where they could give the option of different genders for Link  (or even simply make this entire iteration of the Link character female) if they so desire. Definitely an interesting theory. I'd be happy with either a male or female Link, though, oddly enough, I actually am opposed to giving the player a choice of his gender, as they would either need to make two separate versions of the main story narrative, or make it loose enough that his/her gender would have minimal impact, leading to a weaker story.

@Blinx and winkio: The picture does leave some ambiguity, though I don't think anything is prominent enough to declare Link female, considering the precedence. (If this were a new character in an unestablished series, however, then I'd definitely have to give it an extra glance. Even B-cup breasts can be hidden pretty well under layered clothing, for example. Not that I would know.)

Blizzard

June 11, 2014, 01:55:55 am #10 Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 01:57:19 am by Blizzard
C-CUP MINIMUM
I DON'T TAKE KINDLY TO ANYTHING LESS

Spaceman McConaughey

* Colonel Blinx spits in spittoon

Spoken like a true man, I reckon.

Ranquil

Quote from: winkio on June 10, 2014, 05:56:36 pm
They showed a fully androgynous Link.

right?

right?

That person is a woman, there's absolutely no way around it. Every time someone tries to make a completely adrogynous character it's always female. Just check Leo from Tekken.
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Spaceman McConaughey

June 11, 2014, 05:58:26 pm #13 Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 06:00:04 pm by Colonel Blinx
So Link is a ten year old girl?

I think this Link is obviously in "her" teens, so there should obviously be some tits.
Also, there have been many times where androgynous characters turned out to be male. I am absolutely confused you'd even say what you did, since it makes no sense at all.

Oh, and we're forgetting: Japanese video game is Japanese.
Japan, home of male video game characters with female-looking faces. The only way you can tell they're male, mostly, is by the lack of knockers.

So, no, this Link is a guy. Sorry.
Nintendo's breaking conventions with this one, but the gender of Link isn't one of them.

Ranquil

She could also be a flat-chested girl. Okay, this is from Japan so obviously she's supposed to have DDD melons, sorry, forgot that.

As I said, check out Leo from Tekken 6. Leo is introduced without any given gender and isn't referred to by any personal pronouns like "he" or "she". Leo's voice is also very ambiguous on whether it's a high male voice or a low female voice. However, the director Katsuhiro Harada stated that Leo is indeed a woman and the fact that she's got a bikini outfit in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 confirms this.
And she looks even less of a woman than this Link! This Link even has wide hips and visible eyelashes for crying out loud!
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Spaceman McConaughey

Sorry, this new Link is a guy. That's just how it is.

I'm honestly going to doubt Nintendo would make their first female Link flat chested.
I'm not talking about giving Link double-d's, either (if you actually read my other posts, you would know that, but I guess I shouldn't expect that from you now).

Nintendo has a history of giving their older female Zelda characters tits (show me one that doesn't have them. and no, Sheik doesn't count, since she was Zelda, and she obviously wrapped those boobs down heavily... and female Link would have zero reason to do that herself, unless it's illegal to be a woman in Hyrule), and they're not going to stop with the first female Link and go all like "OMG flat chest." So, you know, it just is how it is.

Ranquil

Quote from: Colonel Blinx on June 11, 2014, 06:33:53 pmSorry, this new Link is a guy. That's just how it is.

Sounds convincing.

Quote from: Colonel Blinx on June 11, 2014, 06:33:53 pmNintendo has a history of giving their older female Zelda characters tits [...] and they're not going to stop with the first female Link and go all like "OMG flat chest." So, you know, it just is how it is.

Yes, because there are and will never be any exceptions about any aspect in the series.
Especially after that idiot Sarkeesian getting way more attention than she deserves and the backlash at Tomodachi Life.

Quote from: Colonel Blinx on June 11, 2014, 06:33:53 pmSo, you know, it just is how it is.

Again, sounds convincing.

Spaceman McConaughey

June 11, 2014, 08:01:21 pm #17 Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:22:15 pm by Colonel Blinx
No need to be a smart-ass about it.

It's my fucking opinion, dude. Why do you have such a problem with it?
I don't need to supply you with an argument, so yeah.

But yeah, if I can't have my own opinion without you saying "sounds convincing" in the most condescending tone ever, you shouldn't be posting in this topic.
It's killing the vibe, man.

But yeah, let me backtrack real quick:
Quote from: Ranquil on June 11, 2014, 04:20:46 pm
That person is a woman, there's absolutely no way around it.

Sounds convincing OHWAIT no it doesn't.
See that? You were doing the same thing as me.

Blizzard

June 12, 2014, 02:10:11 am #18 Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 02:13:01 am by Blizzard
Chill down, guys.

I think it's a guy. Just a feeling. As Blinx said, we can all speculate, but none of us knows. We can give valid arguments on both sides, but there's no point discussing a hypothetical topic this deeply.

Spaceman McConaughey

Yeah, you're right.
Sorry about that, bro.

Anyways, as for other reveals:
Dat ass, dem tittays: ShowHide
Not excited for her character in Smash (there's a few others I'd rather see), but holy fuck, that was some hot fanservice-y stuff Nintendo did in her reveal: