Looking for a Reader

Started by WhiteRose, June 11, 2014, 09:38:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

I ended up spending a lot of time playing smash and working on Vault this weekend, so I only got through Chapter 7.  I've been writing a little less as your writing has improved, but I'm still up to 8.75 pages of feedback for 77 pages read.  I'll keep at it during the week.  It's definitely been a fun read so far!

WhiteRose

Quote from: winkio on June 16, 2014, 01:13:55 am
I ended up spending a lot of time playing smash and working on Vault this weekend, so I only got through Chapter 7.  I've been writing a little less as your writing has improved, but I'm still up to 8.75 pages of feedback for 77 pages read.  I'll keep at it during the week.  It's definitely been a fun read so far!

That is so great! :D Like I said before, don't feel like you have to be rushed into reading the story. Feel free to work on your own things and go at your own pace, and read more when you feel like it. If you'd like to send them to me, I'd love to take a look at what feedback you've given so far, but if you'd rather wait and give it all at once, that's fine, too. Most of all, I'm glad that you're enjoying the idea of the story. I haven't really shown it to many people before, so I was worried that I would be the only one who found the story concept even half-way interesting. Haha.

winkio

Alright, I sent you what I had so far, since it's not really productive for you to sit around and wait for me to finish the whole thing.  I wrote it all as I read it, and didn't go back and change things, so there are a few stream-of-thought type things and guesses about plot, which are just to help you get a feel for where my head was at as a reader.  Let me know if you have any questions.

WhiteRose

Quote from: winkio on June 16, 2014, 08:14:19 pm
Alright, I sent you what I had so far, since it's not really productive for you to sit around and wait for me to finish the whole thing.  I wrote it all as I read it, and didn't go back and change things, so there are a few stream-of-thought type things and guesses about plot, which are just to help you get a feel for where my head was at as a reader.  Let me know if you have any questions.

I LOVE IT

I've sent you a PM.

locowhiteknight

I'll try to read this when I get a chance. I know how difficult it can be sometimes to get feedback NIP. I'm not sure if you already know about fantasywriters.org, but if you're not a member I would highly recommend joining that site. They have a very welcoming community where you can review each others stories. They also hold monthly writing contests where members are challenged to create a short story that fits certain criteria.
"Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?"

WhiteRose

Quote from: locowhiteknight on June 17, 2014, 09:36:14 pm
I'll try to read this when I get a chance. I know how difficult it can be sometimes to get feedback NIP. I'm not sure if you already know about fantasywriters.org, but if you're not a member I would highly recommend joining that site. They have a very welcoming community where you can review each others stories. They also hold monthly writing contests where members are challenged to create a short story that fits certain criteria.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm actually really happy with the feedback that I've been getting so far, but maybe I'll poke my head in there sometime and take a look. :)

winkio

June 18, 2014, 03:00:27 am #26 Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 01:27:13 am by winkio
I read chapter 8, but I'm going to wait until I finish a few more until I send you the next update

EDIT: finished 9 and 10 as well.  I'll probably send the next batch of comments tomorrow night.

WhiteRose

Quote from: winkio on June 18, 2014, 03:00:27 am
I read chapter 8, but I'm going to wait until I finish a few more until I send you the next update

EDIT: finished 9 and 10 as well.  I'll probably send the next batch of comments tomorrow night.

Sounds great! I've already made a lot of improvements from the first round of suggestions that you sent. Thanks again. You've given some great advice so far.

winkio

Sent chapters 8-11, and ended up writing more (I'm up to 14.25 pages of feedback for 116 pages read).

ArcaneAlchemy

I'd be willing to read it as well if you'd like another pair of eyes.
"Wait? Do I look like a waiter?" -Kefka

WhiteRose

Quote from: ArcaneAlchemy on June 29, 2014, 10:25:13 am
I'd be willing to read it as well if you'd like another pair of eyes.

Sure, that would be great! :D I'll send you a link in a PM.

winkio

Finished through chapter 19 and sent you the updated feedback.

winkio

Finished the entire thing and sent you the full feedback :)

WhiteRose

Quote from: winkio on July 05, 2014, 12:21:48 am
Finished the entire thing and sent you the full feedback :)

Thank you SO much!!! <3

Your feedback has been fantastic! :D I'll definitely keep you informed as I make revisions and finish writing the story. Hopefully it hasn't been so bad that you don't want to see it through. Haha.

winkio

Quote from: WhiteRose on July 05, 2014, 01:04:41 am
I'll definitely keep you informed as I make revisions and finish writing the story.

Sounds good, I look forward to seeing how it turns out.