Assassin's Creed Unity Misogynistic? No.

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, June 14, 2014, 01:02:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

June 14, 2014, 01:02:04 am Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 01:08:38 am by Colonel Blinx
So, the whole drama over the new Assassin's Creed being misogynistic is what spawned this from me.

I mean, honestly, why bitch and moan over there being no playable female assassins?
The fact that there are none doesn't make the game sexist, like, at all.
The fact that there are none and the French Revolution had more female assassins than male assassins doesn't make the game sexist at all, either.

Ubisoft gave their explanation, and while it seems sexist to many (for some reason), it's simply not.
All it is, really, is them cutting down on the spending and production time (less motion capture actors = less money and time spent).
But no, the stupid feminist social justice warriors of tumblr just HAD to make a big deal out of this and whine about non-existent misogyny!

And honestly, has nobody fucking considered this is apart of their artistic vision? Of course not.
Artistic vision only applies when you feminists can't come up with something to bitch and moan about.
OTHERWISE, they're attacking all of womenkind. Idiots.

Really, it's because of stuff like THIS, that the feminist movement is such a joke now.

Blizzard

June 14, 2014, 04:37:49 am #1 Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 04:49:50 am by Blizzard
Really? They complained that there are no female playable characters? I agree that this diminishes the entire game a bit since it's a game meant to be played online so it seems kinda silly not to include characters that portray half our population. But that is far from sexist.

Here's another case: http://kotaku.com/why-female-soldiers-were-finally-added-to-call-of-duty-1142063196
Why weren't feminists bitching over CoD all these years? Because your satiric article is closer to reality than how their movement really should be.

EDIT: Lol, this article is labeled "Call of Duty: Ghosts and Genders. Who Cares?" http://www.usgamer.net/articles/who-cares-

EDIT: Wow, this must be the first time I read an article ending in a question and that the answer to the question is "yes". Anyway, I don't think it's a big deal, I think just lessens the possible experience. The feminists are overreacting.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

I for one think that the Tomb Raider series should have a male version of Lara Croft, its obviously sexist.
I'm going to go pour my outrage out across the internet now, hopefully start a protest or a riot or something...
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Praelium

Crasger

[sarcasm] We need a petition for this sort of stuff. [/sarcasm]

Props to Colonel Blinx for creating an article degrading feminism and putting it on tumblr.
Some tough shit that'll come ahead of you if they actually pay attention to that post.

If they find this forum and label it misogynistic and anti-feminist, stating we're all chauvinistic slobs... I blame you.

Blizzard

No, that would just make the feminists more sexist than any other group they are blaming. It would mean that they are stereotyping men all to be sexist and stereotyping a gender is the very definition of sexism.

Crasger

Quote from: Blizzard on June 14, 2014, 10:36:35 am
No, that would just make the feminists more sexist than any other group they are blaming. It would mean that they are stereotyping men all to be sexist

That's the point.

If certain feminists do come here (or find out about us and write something about it on their blog or whatever) to whine about how ALL of us here on this thread and all other the threads about the crumbling status of internet feminism are sexist, then they aren't feminists. They are by name, and nothing more.

Kiwa

So this topic sent me ablaze in shout.. sorry. I quoted everything i said here in proper order for others to see later.

Today at 03:16:56 PM Kiwa: @Blinx: I completely agree with this post. Feminism gets my blood boiling..the crap they come up with lacks proof and everyone just trails along nodding their head like "yeah..yeah those sexist dude...fuck them...your perdy". theres a woman named Christina Hoff Sommers she calls her self the factual feminist. shes been one of the few to really stand up agains the "new feminism"

Heres her youtube. check this out...i was glad to hear her say this stuff but still no seems to care about facts..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbvcAtNJTls&list=PLytTJqkSQqtr7BqC1Jf4nv3g2yDfu7Xmd&index=1

but facts have no baring on these crazy nutcases. no...wahts important is that these mostly men who program games don't make enough female leads. how dare these men with male experience make male characters. how about these whiny bitches make a game themselves..see how they do. but no..its all about being acted upon and complaining as if helpless.

i rad this today http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-27824701  it also pissed me off. first off most games are fully custom these days. make a male or female. wahts this about female bone structure is difficult!? what crap..that was taken out of context im sure. i decided to think about games with no female main chars (not meaning playable only). i could think of only a hand full...and could think of an opposite for most of those with only female chars. in the end.

i don't care if im Lara croft, or frank west. i don't care if im Ken Masters or Yuri Sakazaki... i love all of these characters and these entitled assholes (men and women) can back up off my shit and go watch  teletubbies

Agreeing with blizz a bit...that if its online it does seem strange to exclude half the population for an online game...but if we imagine this like a book that we can play...why is it strange to only have one character and perspective?

Its no longer a story but trying to create an experience for you individually.. but what if the story IS the experience? why is that not allowed?
why is someone able to police another persons story?
why should we force a company to spend so much money hiring actors, computer animators and spend the time to make another figure? to satisfy a gripe?

like zero said about tomb raider..why not make a male version!?
know what.. change silent hill 3 make a male version too...you know what i think could strifs best friend tifa would be better off as a man...
lets not stop there..catness from hunger games... we need a male version.

lets remake a male Ripley from Aliens.

you know..Ke$ha would sounds better if she were only male. we need a male Kesha....

see how retarded this is getting? whats next? feminists claiming beards are sexist cuz they cant grow them!?
god damn mother nature... oh MOTHER nature? that's cool its female..who am i kidding? that's patronizing isn't it?

it just never ends...

you hear about the claim that storms with female names kill more people because of sexism? thats right..female names aren't threatening..so they don't run from the storms...cuz sexism.
i don't care if you name a dagger betty... i don't want it in my back...

it goes all over in daily life...
demanding women get positions without the credentials for the sake of equality.
demanding women get extra funding in schooling (tho they have higher graduation rates and over all population in uni)
demanding women get extra medical care. (and still insist that more medical care goes to men tho men use services far less)
demanding women get reduced prison times (and some countries trying to ELIMINATE prison)
demanding we change seating on buses and trains for women.
demanding female only train cars...
demanding removal of female only train cars...
demanding we change video games for women (who probably don't even play the games)...
ect...

Nothing takes away a womans agency like these people...claiming they NEED these things. if they need it why not make it!? why demand its made for them?

this is teaching them they are oppressed from birth and cant do anything without men.
women are smart and strong in their own way and can do what they will and they will invest in what they feel is valuable...
but feminists are insisting they aren't. they try to teach women to demand others earnings instead of making their way respectfully and honorably..this is plain disrespectful to women.

Thankfully not all women subscribe to this.
we need those women to stand up and call out this BS...
we need men to stop being cowards who cant disagree with a woman on anything...even lunch. (which i think ties into blizz and my discussion a while back about sex being a reward)

if i remember right (i cant remember where i heard this..don't take it as gospel) but only a small percent of Germans were in support of the Nazis and silence is what enabled them.

I'm not saying everything is fair and equal.. it will NEVER be equal. for either men OR women... the best we could do is hope the government will stay out of personal affairs and people will take personal responsibility.

I have so much more to say I'm sure..but I get all emotional and passionate and cant really stay on track and start subject hopping while not making my case and just spitting out my feelings. which only causes confusion and irritation among others...and my self.

Thanks for reading~

PhoenixFire

I think "feminism" is a really touchy subject, because if talked about in a demeaning way, you risk pissing off people who agree with the concept, but do not agree with how mainstream "activists" in this area behave. I have always agreed that both genders are equal, and should be treated as such. HOWEVER, equal does NOT mean that they are the same.  As much as some people will be pissy about it, there are some things that males can do better than females, but then again, the opposite is true too; females can do things males can not. By nature, females are more nurturing; this is not to say that men can not be, but it is much less commonplace (I also happen to know some women who are not at all nurturing). Speaking from the point of view of when I was a hiring manager in retail, I can safely say that gender NEVER had an impact on how I chose to hire people; if they applied, I considered them all equally, and who got hired was dependent on their experience, the attitude that I got from them whilst they were interviewed, and hell, even the time of year! (if it was a 16-18 year old applying in the middle of summer, I was a bit cautious, because that meant they would only be working there "full time" for a few months, and then only be able to do weekends..). For example, I needed to hire a couple cashiers for the fall and winter holidays season, and we had a TON of applicants. I ended up hiring 3 people, 2 males and 1 female. Know who stayed on after the holidays? The female. Why? Because she was good. She was friendly, took instruction well for tasks, listened to others, and didn't piss off the customers.

So yeah, both genders are equal, and whether or not someone can do something is based on them and their own situation. You can not generalize a gender based on the attributes of a few people. Otherwise all females would be prissy stuck up snobs who don't want to get their hands dirty, dress up slutty, and act like a little princess that deserves the world at all times. And on the flip-side, all males are show-off jock types that tell lame jokes, work on cars and obsess over sports 24/7..    Gender stereotypes can kiss my ass for all I care..  (Also, fun point, where do transgendered, gender-queer, or gay and lesbian people fit into these categories, according to those dumbasses? Do they even have a way to handle that? lolz....)
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Blizzard

June 14, 2014, 01:07:39 pm #10 Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 01:17:37 pm by Blizzard
Well said.

As you nicely pointed out, our genders do have specific tendencies and attributes. On average females are more nurturing, make social and emotional connections easier while males are more ambitious in a way to strive for achievements and their goals. But that's an average, that's doesn't mean you can generalize an individual and compare them against these "standards" just like that. These things can be taken into account when making decisions, but the individual as such should always take priority and each person should always be evaluated at their own terms. You have men who are very social and emotional while you also have women who are ambitious and "cold" (as one would say). And that's totally fine.

EDIT: It's weird, but from whatever perspective I try to look at it, it really seems that modern feminism just lost their way. They act like PETA. Instead of pro-actively trying to raise awareness and do something with compassion and understanding, they just get pissed and complain. Rather than understand that the problem of sexism is a problem of understanding, they assume that sexism is everything that doesn't forcefully try to include gender equality in some warped way. As if adding female characters to Assassin's Creed Unity will somehow magically make the world a better place and help people understand that there are indeed women who are being treated unfairly. Adding female characters is not going to do anything about these problems. I think I can boil it down to something as simple as modern day feminism being nothing other than a political movement since they don't seem to actually care helping victims of sexism, but only about their own image and finding evidence that validate their own existence.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Blizzard on June 14, 2014, 01:07:39 pm
Well said.

As you nicely pointed out, our genders do have specific tendencies and attributes. On average females are more nurturing, make social and emotional connections easier while males are more ambitious in a way to strive for achievements and their goals. But that's an average, that's doesn't mean you can generalize an individual and compare them against these "standards" just like that. These things can be taken into account when making decisions, but the individual as such should always take priority and each person should always be evaluated at their own terms. You have men who are very social and emotional while you also have women who are ambitious and "cold" (as one would say). And that's totally fine.

EDIT: It's weird, but from whatever perspective I try to look at it, it really seems that modern feminism just lost their way. They act like PETA. Instead of pro-actively trying to raise awareness and do something with compassion and understanding, they just get pissed and complain. Rather than understand that the problem of sexism is a problem of understanding, they assume that sexism is everything that doesn't forcefully try to include gender equality in some warped way. As if adding female characters to Assassin's Creed Unity will somehow magically make the world a better place and help people understand that there are indeed women who are being treated unfairly. Adding female characters is not going to do anything about these problems. I think I can boil it down to something as simple as modern day feminism being nothing other than a political movement since they don't seem to actually care helping victims of sexism, but only about their own image and finding evidence that validate their own existence.

Well stated, Blizz. I agree.

PhoenixFire

Well said.

Thank you :) I usually do terribly in debates where my opinion isn't generally understood lolz... but this is kinda my cup of tea, being in the rather different situation that I am  =p

Quote from: WhiteRose on June 14, 2014, 01:21:53 pm
Well said.

Well stated, Blizz. I agree.

^that..

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Spaceman McConaughey

June 14, 2014, 04:14:48 pm #13 Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 04:20:06 pm by Colonel Blinx
Quote from: PhoenixFire on June 14, 2014, 11:45:46 am
there are some things that males can do better than females, but then again, the opposite is true too; females can do things males can not. By nature, females are more nurturing; this is not to say that men can not be, but it is much less commonplace (I also happen to know some women who are not at all nurturing).

That's true.
I dunno how it applies to female assassins in this game too much, but still true.
And while true, I like avoiding thinking that way since both genders can be the exact same way.
(as you stated, but it's for that reason I don't think it's fair to put it more on one side than the other)

Praelium

Is this really the thing up in their head? Really? Is that what they all care about that much?

:facepalm:

Spaceman McConaughey

Crasger

A very obvious conclusion that can be brought into this that feminists should learn from is:

Everyone is an individual, they have their own thing. Don't bother them about it. Don't assign them to a certain class or type until you get your facts straight.

Spaceman McConaughey

You know, from now on, this is what I'm doing:
Every time a new game comes out starring a female with no ability to play as a male, I'm going to bitch and moan about misandry.

I mean, come on: this all boils down to the same thing, except the genders are reversed.

Blizzard

I just thought of something. Technically this means that feminists do have a point that games in general feature more male than female protagonists. While this is correct in the "hardcore" segment of the games industry there are a lot more male protagonists, things look a lot more different in the casual segment. I should know, I work mostly in the casual segment. Extra Credits made an episode on that as well actually. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV8AM1ciS4I

Crasger

Quote from: Colonel Blinx on June 15, 2014, 08:15:05 am
You know, from now on, this is what I'm doing:
Every time a new game comes out starring a female with no ability to play as a male, I'm going to bitch and moan about misandry.

Sadly we can't do that.

They'll just use the fucking "privilege card" on 'ya and say you can't say it because you belong to a gender that's apparently more privileged than theirs.