DRM for coffee. HAHA, MY SIDES.

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, July 01, 2014, 04:27:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

PhoenixFire

Huh. Nifty idea in a way (though a bit disagreeable). So what are they gonna do about the pods that are meant for you to put whatever grounds you would like into it, and it brews that way? Are they going to find a way to scan the chemical composition of each  scoop of grounds and then match it in a database to see if it's something they made? I like the K-cup system and all but yeah, I would agree with Blinx on this statement..

Quote from: Colonel Blinx on July 01, 2014, 04:27:09 amThis is the stupidest thing ever.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

ForeverZer0

All this will accomplish is pushing people to buy similar brewers made by other companies who do not have such idiotic devices in place. Surely as a business they could have foreseen that their patents would one day expire, and not to base their entire business model under the assumption that it wouldn't.
Really its just suicide on their part if they ever try to sell such a thing. People will just buy other models that don't have it in it. It's not like they will go out of business over competition making kcups, it's just that their profits will slow down, and they might need to lower prices a bit to remain competitive or come up with a new business plan.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Zexion

Personally I wouldn't waste so much on a fancy coffee machine anyways xD Especially now that it wants to block le coffee useage. Much rather use MR.COFFEE :D