[XP] Moving Windows v1.0

Started by Fantasist, January 08, 2008, 02:31:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I think this is the most massive gravedig so far at the forum.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

Don't worry about it, I'm just saying. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

THAT'S THE ERROR I FIXED IN YOUR MOVE METHOD WHEN I MADE WINDOW ADVANCED! lol until now I couldn't remember what the error I had to fix was.
you did the same thing as me just went about it in a different way.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Fantasist

September 15, 2009, 11:48:39 pm #24 Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 12:11:50 am by Fantasist
Do you mean the decimal correction or this:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * y=
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def y=(val)
    self.dest_y = val unless moving?
    super(val)
  end

@Blizz: I've been acting pretty weird lately. I should think before I do or say something. I used to do that, but these days...
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Ryex

the decimal correction thing, I did it differently but the same effect. when It would move almost to the spot you wanted it to but like a few pixels off? that.
it was really noticeable in opening and closing windows, even more so with "pin" off.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

samsonite789

So I've been trying to figure this out for a while, but it's just not computing...

I understand how to make windows fly when you enter the menu from looking at your demo script, but how do you make them fly out again when you exit the menu?  I figured that it would be as simple as just moving them out before the menu scene ends, but that doesn't seem to work...

Fantasist

That's what the "moving?" method is for (well, not entirely). You will need to mod the the "def main" method of the scene. Find these lines:

if $scene != self
   break
end

and add a condition for the window which last exits the screen. For example, let's say we are animating the default menu scene and all the windows move out of the screen one by one, the steps window being the last. The code will look like this:

if $scene != self && !@window_steps.moving?
   break
end

I hope that clears things up.

samsonite789

THAT'S IT!  It's like a big fist with the letters "DUH" written on the knuckles just punched me in the face.

Quote from: Fantasist on November 13, 2009, 01:46:59 pm
I hope that clears things up.

It did.  Thank you very much.  Unfortunately, there's a compatability issue with another script, so moving windows might have to wait...*le sigh*...