World Map

Started by Sylphe, July 02, 2014, 07:07:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylphe

Hellooooo I have a dumb script request ! It's not even a script I search it's maybe piece of code I don't know, well look :

I have a worldmap where I want my players to check towns only. I don't want them to move freely on the map,so when they press LEFT or DOWN they can set their position to the town on the LEFT or on the BOTTOM of their actual position and show a little animated light on the town they select.
Yes it is event-making possible.. But very long, if I have about 20 places to handle it would be the chaos to do it.
So I think it is scripting possible... Doing something like this : each town is a selectable item stored in an array, and when we press an arrow key we move from item to item in the array(and on the map the player is teleported to the item's position . And when we are on one item the description of the associated town is shown on top (Like Window_Help) . So each item has its position and its description.

Is it possible to do ? If so, do you have some pieces of codes that could help me do this - like how to teleport in a script or how to check the position or even how to show something animated where the actor is - ? (Or if you don't mind to do it, thinking other people could find it usefull, it would be great too)
blindly follow his heart can lead to the loss

Sylphe, descendant of Zoldik Family.
Quote from: TedBearTRY KEEP UP

KK20

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,11443.0.html
Might be a good start. The request is not extraordinarily difficult by any means.

You basically want how Fly worked in the first and second generations of Pokemon?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Sylphe

thank you for replying :) yes that is what I want but I see that he changed around all basic scripts o_o well for now I did a very simple custom system x)

I'll show you tomorrow in some screenshots xd
blindly follow his heart can lead to the loss

Sylphe, descendant of Zoldik Family.
Quote from: TedBearTRY KEEP UP