Wireless Headsets

Started by Ryex, May 14, 2014, 04:32:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

I've been wanting a wireless headset for a long time now. and I've been looking at a lot of different options.
I think I've settled on a SteelSeries H Wireless Headset

I'll be buying it later this summer but I'm wondering if any of you guys have opinions on wireless headsets.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Crasger

There are such things as consumer-available wireless headsets?!

Huh.

Ryex

of course there are. there are a lot of them too. There is the Courser Vengeance, Logitech G900 series, Turtle Beach has a few, Razor has the Chimera, Shullcandy has the PLYR 1, Astro has the A50. and that's just the big brands
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

May 15, 2014, 02:00:42 am #3 Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 02:03:15 am by Blizzard
I talked with my co-workers a bit. One said that SteelSeries is a respected brand so you probably can't go much wrong there. My boss said that you might want to consider an alternative of buying just a Bluetooth receiver where you can plug in any headset's 3.5 mm jack. He's a little bit of an audiophile and he says that Bluetooth is good enough for music these days (3-4 years ago they weren't that good).

IDK about Logitech, but when I was going to buy a wireless gamepad, people told me (I think it was GAX specifically) that their wireless technology is subpar and I should get an Xbox 360 controller (which I did and I am satisfied with it). It might not apply to headsets as much as gamepads, but you might want to avoid them because of that.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

Logitech headsets also have a history of being extremely fragile, so no I wasn't planing on going with them. as for the Bluetooth idea, it's not bad and not something I had considered. however the reason I wanted a wireless headset was so I could get up and walk around unhindered by cords of any kind. I would still have to carry the receiver with me.

My research says that SteelSeries is basically the only brand that had a good balance of sound and build quality that is actually worth the 300$ price range.

Blizzard

I thought so. Yeah, then the one you linked would probably be a good choice.
Try to get a hold of GAX and ask him, that would be a good idea.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

WhiteRose

I actually have a Corsair Vengeance 1500. It's the wired version of their wireless model, and it sounds great. I'd assume the wireless version is essentially identical. The sound quality is very good, and it has great bass. However, the microphone buzzed a lot when I first got it, and soon after just completely died. I never really used the mic, though, so I don't care that much since the sound quality is so good. I love that the earpieces actually surround my ears instead of just squishing them. :)

Ryex

full 7.1 drivers powered off an optical audio connection. it's freaking awesome