1+1

Started by Blizzard, July 05, 2014, 02:12:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

http://oneplus.net

Does anybody have an invite? xD I want to buy one ever since they announced the phone. The specs are great, it's running Cyanogenmod 11S (a slightly modded Android 4.4) and it's only 269€ (or 299€ for the 64 GB version). I installed Cyanogenmod 10 recently on my phone and it's much more stable than Resurrection Remix (except that RR had a few great features that CM is missing, such as the "kill all" button in the "recently used apps" menu).
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

July 05, 2014, 02:58:13 pm #1 Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 03:03:41 pm by gameus
Damn I wish I had an invite.

EDIT: Found this.
http://www.oppomart.com/oneplus-one.html/

Blizzard

If When I get my hands on one, I'll be sure to send you one.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

July 05, 2014, 04:06:08 pm #3 Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 08:50:02 pm by Ryex
Oh gods, thats real cheep for that good of a phone. and from what I'm finding it's a GSM phone so I can use strait talk with it. if either of you ever get an invite, buy and and can give out invites LET ME KNOW!
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

stripe103

July 05, 2014, 05:01:43 pm #4 Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 05:06:23 pm by stripe103
Specs easily comparable to Samsung Galaxy S5, for slightly less than half the price. Well, seems like I have to wait a bit longer to get a new phone!
Does look a bit too thin for my taste, but it's most definitely worth it.
Do feel free to send me an invite too if you want though =D

PhoenixFire

I think just found the phone to replace the windows one I have.. Just need an invite as well. It says you can get invites from doing stuff like surveys and such from their partners... I'm not usually into that stuff, but I mean, if it gets me a phone...
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Blizzard

LMAO, I was hoping that I will be getting an invite with this thread. Now I'll be the one supplying it. xD

Quote from: stripe103 on July 05, 2014, 05:01:43 pm
Specs easily comparable to Samsung Galaxy S5, for slightly less than half the price.

In my country it's more like 3 times less. xD

PhoenixFire

July 06, 2014, 09:54:57 am #7 Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 09:56:28 am by PhoenixFire
Guys, phone giveaway through androidauthority.com; might be something to sign up for.. I guess they give away cool stuff every week; this week just happens to be a 1+1 64GB phone lolz

http://is.gd/3sCzxR
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

stripe103

Quote from: Blizzard on July 06, 2014, 05:08:44 am
LMAO, I was hoping that I will be getting an invite with this thread. Now I'll be the one supplying it. xD

Well I mean, if I get invited first, I'd invite you guys, but for one reason or another, I kind of doubt that I will =P

Quote from: Blizzard on July 06, 2014, 05:08:44 am
In my country it's more like 3 times less. xD

Wow, really? That's one expensive phone then.´

Blizzard

Quote from: PhoenixFire on July 06, 2014, 09:54:57 am
Guys, phone giveaway through androidauthority.com; might be something to sign up for.. I guess they give away cool stuff every week; this week just happens to be a 1+1 64GB phone lolz

http://is.gd/3sCzxR

Yeah, but that's like lottery.

Blizzard

July 11, 2014, 03:54:11 am #10 Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 02:13:06 pm by Blizzard
So, apparently there is a retailer called Oppomart in China that has the phone and ships internationally. It's not confirmed whether this is the real deal or not, but the phone costs $100 more and it doesn't run Cyanogenmod 11S but Color OS. I think it's a waste of time if you have to pay $100 extra.

In any case, I've registered at their forums and now I'm actively trying to get an invite. I'm member 126k-something and currently the guys around 3k-4k are getting invites with a few jumps to higher numbers (because invitation chance depends on registration date, number of relevant posts and recent activity). Apparently they are crunching out 500-1000 invites per day now so it's not unlikely that I might get one in the next 30 days if that number increases. Let's see how that goes.

EDIT: After half a day at their forum... Forget it. They haven't even shipped 4000 pieces and I was member #126k-something to register. There's a huge waiting line and honestly, I don't expect to get any kind of invite or anything until Christmas. They claim that they started out sending 500-1000 invites per day, but it seems like bullshit to me. They created a huge demand, but they can't keep up the production (at least for now). I think that until they are actually able to meet the demand, the company will go bankrupt, because their phone model will be outdated already. Especially if they don't get rid of the invite system.

Blizzard

Alright, I've got some news here. Apparently they were able to ship 50,000 units in July. If they do the same this August, I might be able to get one during September.

Also, a friend just told me that his friend got one. So if they are already giving out invites to their customers, it's not impossible that I might even get it a lot earlier, maybe even until the end of the week. In any case, let me know who wants one since I will give out at least one invite here at the forums so they can spread it around.

PhoenixFire

I would still love to see one of these working :D

...anything is better than my old windows phone right now hehe

G_G

So I think I might be getting an invite. I ran into someone on Imgur who was handing out some invites. If my invite allows for me to hand out invites I'll definitely do it.

Ryex

I'll probably take an invite if one becomes available
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

I'm very likely going to just get another one. This is taking too long, there are better phones for the same or slightly higher price on the market already (Chinese market mostly, but still), I've heard bad stuff about the screen and battery life and it's gigantic compared to other phones. I think it was 5.5" or something like that.

Ryex

Blizz, if you know of a better phone for cheaper, let me know!

Blizzard

Check up the Chinese market. OPPO, Xiaomi are just a few to name.

Spaceman McConaughey

Xiaomi's MIUI is amazing, by the way.

If there's any Android I'd ditch iPhone for, it'd be one of their phones.

Ryex

Ok, I'll admit that the Oppo Find 7 is boss as all get out, but it's $500, I'm kinda limited to about 300. least, that what I'm currently willing to spend on a decent phone