Other Artistry

Started by PhoenixFire, July 29, 2014, 07:03:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you work with other mediums of art? If yes, care to share what you do?

Yes
5 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

PhoenixFire

KK20 brought up an interesting point in a post, that there seems to be more programmers/scripters than any other type of artists in these forums. I'm curious to know, just how many people there are that dabble in other forms of media creation. You don't necessarily have to be good at it, or plan to release anything. For example, with games, I do alot more in the way of planning, storylines, and eventing, and I'm also learning scripting; however, I also mess around with audio, though I have never released a single track, and I like to edit graphics too. Lastly, and I know there must be something wrong with me for it, I also like writing technical and legal papers for things (like the readme file or the EULA for XPAce). I may or may not ever share some of my works in those fields, though I lean more towards the 'sure, why not' side at the moment.

Andyone else care to share? Any links for us to check out?
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

ForeverZer0

I do PhotoShop, but not pixel stuff, mainly photo manipulation. You know, creating scenes from existing pictures and stuff.
I never really tried my hand at audio, and probably for good reason, it's definitely something I don't think I would be good at.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Lobstrosity

I do writing and conceptual art. I have done pixel art occasionally, but my work in that area typically ends up unfinished. I'm interested in getting into audio but I've never properly attempted it before.
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

Zexion

July 29, 2014, 09:10:03 am #3 Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 09:12:45 am by Zexion
We all know that i does the pixels, and I try to music, but fail. I can also do digital art aside from pixel art, but it takes way to long for me and I has no patience. Of course I also script >.> but not very well, and I was pretty good at painting when I did it the one year lol. I'd like to think that i'm an artsy person ._.
Forgot to mention that I have tried textures for 3d models, and although I can do some cool stuff, I don't understand much about models in general so I stay away from them xD

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

Early in my childhood (talking about 4-7) I wrote little stories by folding up printer paper and stapling them. I'd normally draw whatever came to mind and had my mom fill out the words for me. As I got older and started transitioning to the computer, I sometimes just opened up a Word document and started writing non-stop about any kind of fantasies I had going on in my head. I was a pretty talented writer (and one of the few who knew their grammar) and always went all-out on any creative writing assignments. Here's a favorite of mine I wrote in 10th grade (age 15) titled The Elixir of Death. Props if you know where I drew inspiration from the names.

I'm not too bad at drawing actually. I have a lot of sketch books where I drew what I liked. Cool video game character? Drew him in a different pose. I took an art class in 8th grade. It was mandatory for us to participate in the district art competition. I drew an autumn picture of a bike and pumpkin in colored pencil and won 1st in Multimedia (and a cool $100). I'll post a picture of that soon.
I was also pretty good at drawing with a mouse back in the days. I'm not a terrible spriter either, but I don't have the patience for it anymore (especially since I've got others to do that for me now <3).

Let's see...I've played the Bass Clarinet for 9 years and have participated in more than just the typical marching/concert school bands--I've done honor band 3 times (first chair all of them), played in a college group for almost equally as long, an Orange County youth group (ages 12-20), and a children's play (though that was horribly planned out).
I want to get into making my own songs--and I've got a keyboard to make things easier--but I'm overwhelmed by all the terminology and tools that I don't even know where to begin other than just hitting notes that sound cool.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Zexion

Quote from: KK20 on July 30, 2014, 03:00:38 am
Let's see...I've played the Bass Clarinet for 9 years and have participated in more than just the typical marching/concert school bands

Oh wow I totally forgot that I played an instrument as well o.o weird since band was like a "lifestyle" in highschool :b
Percussion for 9 years as well... sax on my own time, and random weird flute things whenever I find them lol.

Also, @kk20 wtf you actually wrote notes on what grade you should receive? For the teacher ? xD I don't know why but I find this kinda funny. And I has no idea about names ...

R.A.V.S.O

Did some (now old) concept art

Spoiler: ShowHide

and I think somewhere over the same forum section I had some battle themes I once worked with.
Personality Test results
Spoiler: ShowHide

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou