FF Mystic Quest -Remake- image WIP thread.

Started by SpritingNomad, August 08, 2014, 12:21:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SpritingNomad

August 08, 2014, 12:21:58 am Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:35:32 pm by SpritingNomad

Thought it might me nice to add some WIP images so you guys can see what i'm working on.
I will be spriting the monster for a side view BS, so i removed the last picture, until then take a look at the side frame for Benjamin  ;)

This is the final look of the front and side, with a better color.
And a look at the betta grass tile up there.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Brownie WIP

SpritingNomad

August 12, 2014, 05:28:06 pm #1 Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:23:54 pm by SpritingNomad
As you guys know the first monster i began working on was a Brownie goblin, for a basic rmxp battle system, but later decided to work on a side view look.
I began working on this one last night, and i need some opinions on this monster so far.
The little things i see right now are that balled up fist which i will make a bit bigger (needs pinkie), because i like the idea of them having big hands, and that pinkie finger on the raised hand will be curved next time you see him.

There might be something else with proportions, but i can't tell yet.
Please let me know if you see something odd, i'd like to fix everything before i go into more colors and details, thanks.

e: Finding some things here, only adding this so no one wastes their time when its already been fixed ^^
Already started adding color and shade, noticed a few little things along the way like the slightly bigger heel on the leg moving forward, got rid of extra pixel line on upper back too.
Shortened arm (not forearm) swinging back a bit.

Blizzard

I like him a lot better than the original. But you don't have to restrict yourself to the same look. If you feel that you can make a goblin that looks better in style, you should do so.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

SpritingNomad

August 12, 2014, 07:34:30 pm #3 Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:33:21 am by SpritingNomad
Thank you, right now the plan is to spice up the look of the monsters with different poses and variations, but i will definitely be adding many originals too.
Have it in mind to add some kind of Brownie Shaman as well  :naughty:

e
New and improved image added to top, received some advice on that raised arm.
e
Hat has been changed, now wears a dented metal helmet with a red angry face painted on the front.

Blizzard

Yeah, I noticed that arm as well, but forgot to mention it. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.