RTP Paths in the Registry (RMXP)

Started by ForeverZer0, August 15, 2014, 11:07:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverZer0

Are the RTP paths stored in the same location in the registry on all machines and versions of Windows?

On my machine, Win7 x64, I installed RMXP in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3, and the RTP paths can be found at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Enterbrain\RGSS\RTP

I was just wondering if there was different setups that could cause this to be different, such as whether the machine is 32 or 64 bit, the operating system (XP, Vista, Seven, Eight), and if installing in compatibility mode can change it.

I seem to remember that 32-bit machines are different, but I don't have a VM created at the moment, so I am not sure.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

chaucer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Enterbrain\RGSS\RTP

this is where it's located in my pc (win7 x32) hope it helps : )

ForeverZer0

August 16, 2014, 05:46:01 am #2 Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 05:59:48 am by ForeverZer0
Thank you, that does. That's the difference I think between x86 and x64, that I remember now.
Off to make some VM's now...

EDIT:
Appears to be the same in WinXP, so only a difference in between 32 and 64 bit.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.