This dumbfuck is missing the point.

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, August 19, 2014, 06:43:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcIHXCZh9Gg

I simply cannot get over the sheer amount of stupidity radiating from this fat fuck's video. :facepalm:
He is missing the point like fucking crazy: yes, exclusives are good for the sales of a console, nobody is arguing that.

But hey, Rich, you dumbshit, are you even aware that Tomb Raider has ALWAYS been a multiplatform series, ever since its first fucking game?
It was on PlayStation, SEGA Saturn, and even computers. The second one ditched SEGA consoles entirely for PlayStation, but it still had PC versions.
Same with the third. As for the fourth and fifth? Same thing, except the SEGA versions are back on the Dreamcast. ;)

Then Angel of Darkness came for PS2, as well as PC platforms again.
Then Tomb Raider Legend, which went all-fucking-out with being multiplatform; it was on damn near everything.
Same with Tomb Raider Underworld, as well. The 2013 reboot was also multiplatform.

Anybody who thinks Tomb Raider - a multiplatform franchise since its first game - should be exclusive to one system, and one system only, is a massive fucking idiot not worth anybody's goddamn time. Unsubbing.

Blizzard

Anybody who thinks that any game should be an exclusive, because reasons, is a dumbfuck. There is no reason not to go multi-platform if the porting cost is low and if there is no exclusive deal. Heck, most exclusive deals nowadays are actually timed so a game gets released on other platforms a year or so after its original release. Even though I don't like waiting for a game a whole year, realistically I probably wouldn't buy it right away anyway due to its high price. So I'll be waiting a year or time either way.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

ForeverZer0

Exclusive to a platform isn't really good for anyone except the platform. If I am playing it on a Sony system, what the hell do I care if someone else if playing it on a PC, Xbox, or Nintendo? As long as its on a platform that I own, I am happy.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

PhoenixFire

You would think too, that if it's an online game, you would want more platforms supported, as that usually means a larger player base, and therefore more players to compete with..
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

Quote from: Blizzard on August 19, 2014, 09:12:32 am
So much truth: http://www.dorkly.com/post/66840/the-truth-about-console-exclusive-games
Either this or just don't play it at all. That's what happens.

Exactly. Sure, there will be a select few who love to burn money and will buy a new system, but the overwhelming majority will simply just say "That sucks, wish it was on the system I have" and just not ever get it. Overall, there is no profit to be made by being exclusive if porting isn't the problem.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on August 19, 2014, 09:53:37 am
Overall, there is no profit to be made by being exclusive if porting isn't the problem.

Actually that is not true. Each platform provider (e.g. Microsoft with the Xbox) usually gets royalties from the sales or at least for the licensing rights (because the game runs on their console). They make deals with developers to increase sales of their own console by offering to take less royalties and offer additional marketing. So it pays off for both sides. It's true that people who already have a console will most probably not buy another one, but there's still a lot of people that don't have a console at all (at least a current gen console). These are actually the people they are trying to get to buy their console. If exclusive deals weren't lucrative, nobody would make them. And having a few well-known developers stand behind you and your new console does have an impact on the market.

Zexion

I don't even understand why he's mad..?
How does it affect him if it's not exclusive? Like does he have something against other people playing games on other consoles? I disliked it just to be a hater

Blizzard

You can't be more of a hater than he is. xD

G_G

Hey guys, didn't this annoying idiot say something about Ryse being an Xbox One exclusive?
http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/302510/

And I think he mentioned Dead Rising 3? (not sure if he mentioned this one, can't renember)
http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/265550/

Looks like he's got something else to rant about now. xD

R.A.V.S.O

this guy's at it again.... and he'll probably do it again whenever the ranting of X object ceases.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Personality Test results
Spoiler: ShowHide

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou