[RXMP] Golden Sun style Djinn/summons

Started by GrimTrigger, August 30, 2014, 11:56:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GrimTrigger

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to make a Golden Sun fan game, and I've hit a brick wall. I have scripts to enable both side view and the tilting screen during combat (looks awesome.)  I can certainly create my own summon animations if need be. The problem I'm having is I can find a way to create a Djinn system that enables summons. I've found a script that works for RMVXace, but not for XP (I tried inserting it, and even messing around with it, to no avail.)

Does anything even close exist for XP? I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of the old meta for the game so anything that allows players to build up to stronger summons and set things to enable summons would be super helpful.

ForeverZer0

I just googled "RXMP summon" and got plenty of results.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

GrimTrigger

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on August 31, 2014, 12:10:49 am
I just googled "RXMP summon" and got plenty of results.

The summon part isn't really the problem, it's the system used to handle said summons. Most scripts I've found via google emulate a FF style summon system, whereas the Golden Sun style I'm hoping to recreate is essentially glorified spells that become available after a few criteria are met. Like I said, I even found a script for VX that mirrors is almost perfectly, but it's not backwards compatible. I'm hoping given the popularity of the game, someone has come across or has ideas on how to make it viable in XP.

KK20

Because I have never played the game before (and maybe a lot of us haven't either), describe the system more. Show us that script you're talking about in VXA.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

GrimTrigger

Quote from: KK20 on August 31, 2014, 12:27:48 am
Because I have never played the game before (and maybe a lot of us haven't either), describe the system more. Show us that script you're talking about in VXA.

Certainly.

Here is a good explanation on how the system operates in the actual game. http://www.goldensunrealm.com/gs/djinn/

Here is the script (for VXa) which is the best rendition I've seen through my searches. http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/8273-djinn-system-demo/