Key binds for items/spells?

Started by firevenge007, August 31, 2014, 06:16:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

firevenge007

I'm using RpgMaker XP to make my game.

Since there are a lot of items in my game, many say that it becomes tedious to scroll to the bottom of the list every time, which is why I am looking for help. I was wondering if there would be a way to make it so that a player could bind certain keys (that are not in use) to specific items or spells?

This would mean that when pressing a key, the item would automatically be selected without having to go through the menu, and through the items list. The ideal situation would be to have four white boxes drawn with transparent filling at the top right corner of the screen. Two for item binding and two for spell binding. When the item/spell is correctly bound to a key, one of the boxes will inherit the item or spell's icon graphic and the key used to bind that item/spell would be shown in the bottom right hand corner of the box.

I'd be very grateful if anyone were to help me with this. Thank you for your time.

ForeverZer0

Default battle system?

You can page down and page up, not scroll one at a time.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

firevenge007

Yes - I'm using the default battle system. It still is slow however to scroll with page up/down as there are over 500 items alone.

ForeverZer0

There are existing scripts that allow for categorizing items, I don't know if that could suit your needs.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

firevenge007

I've done a lot of researching beforehand, and I couldn't find anything similar to my request. Could you perhaps link me to what you found?