SSB4 and Sakurai's incompetence. Discuss.

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, September 10, 2014, 12:02:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

Yes, I am excited for Smash 4. I am just sad that such a damn big fool is running the show.

Sakurai simply is not a good director, not at all.
He's inconsistent in what he has his developers add, he wastes perfectly good character slots on clones, and so on.

Inconsistency:
Alternate costumes are one of the biggest inconsistencies I can think of. Why?
Well, some characters get fully alternate models instead of alternate textures, while others do not, when they could REALLY benefit from it.
Link, for example, has an alternate "costume". It's supposed to be his starting Skyloft clothes from Skyward Sword.
It's not, though; it's just his regular-ass tunic textured and colored to resemble the outfit. And I can guarantee you, that his Fierce Diety skin is nothing more than a retexture, too.

Then we have a bunch of characters with alternate models as skins, like Shulk, Zero Suit Samus, The Villager, Pikachu, and so on.
That pisses me off, because Link is a character who has had MANY brilliant outfits over the years. Especially his Twilight Princess tunics, which are beautiful!
But no, Link, and many other characters in Smash 4 get nothing in regards to alternate costumes, whereas plenty of others do.

If you're going to add alternate costumes, you either go all out or don't do a goddamn thing at all.
I'm saying, either give every character actual alternate costumes, or fucking give nobody any at all.
Inconsistency annoys me, especially inconsistency on such a grand scale.

There's more I can rant about here, but I'll move on to this now...

Clones:
Sakurai said there'd be no more clones. Clones are back.
Ganondorf is still a Captain Falcon clone.

Fuck you, Sakurai.