Diagonal Stairs Script for XP?

Started by Heretic86, September 18, 2014, 05:16:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretic86

September 18, 2014, 05:16:24 am Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 09:49:26 am by Heretic86
Do you guys know of any Diagonal Stairs Scripts for XP?  Im messing with one, but feeling rather lazy and dont wanna duke out collision detections...

---

Edit: Nevermind, I wrote one myself.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,14928.0.html

Edit 2: Okay, I wrote TWO myself.  Here is the "other" one.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,14994.0.html

Difference between the two, Lite and Deluxe, is that in Deluxe, NPCs can move on Stair Events!
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Zexion

Any particular reason you don't wanna do it with events? Or is it just something you would rather not have 20 events for

KK20

Yeah, I'd say just leave it to eventing. It's not terribly hard to pull off:

Trigger = touching
Check if player is pressing left/right key
  Move diagonally based on stairs orientation and key pressed

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Heretic86

Not difficult with one set of stairs, but can be difficult with multiple sets of stairs on one map.  I havent tried by just eventing.  Also add into the mix getting NPCs to work properly on stairs and an Event solution is no longer quite as easy.  Then making Events on stairs trigger, handling collisions, etc, and Event just cant cut it.

Doesnt really matter since I already wrote the script (out of boredom), but was just curious if there were any other solutions out there that I could check out.  If there arent any, I'll have to release 2 versions of the script.  One standalone and one for the caterpillar due to the way collisions and triggers are handled.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)