Final Fantasy XV

Started by Blizzard, September 18, 2014, 03:24:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Oh god, I hope so hard that they don't fuck it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT3dyanB3pk

It feels and looks so fluid, so real. You can't tell apart what is a cutscene and what isn't. And I hope it won't be a console exclusive and that there will be a PC version.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Soulshaker3

I've been waiting for this game so much, when I saw the previous trailer my mind was blowned right away and damn this is so impressive making such a good looking game, other than big franchises like Ff and CoD and such pretty much all the games are retro visuals and I think for a short period of time it was good, a bit longer was OK and now I can't stand it, If there was innovation i wouldn't mind but it's all the same thing.
Apart from that in the FF website there's the steam logo and that hints that maybe future games of Square Enix may get into Steam and by the looks it's another MMO. I want to play a single player Final Fantasy, a recent one i don't really like a lot of the older games and I thought this was my chance. Guess not :V:
Hellow?

G_G

Well, I guess Final Fantasy XIII (along with its sequels) is coming to PC so it wouldn't shock me if they released XV as well. Also considering they've been releasing other PC ports. They re-released VII and VIII and recently released IV. III came out awhile ago as well.

The game looks amazing and I'm glad it's taken so long for them to get it done. It gives me a bit more hope that it'll come out really well.

legacyblade

OMFG!!! It looks just as good as the advent children movie. Even in the gameplay sections! I don't even like final fantasy, but I'm totes gonna play this!

Blizzard

IV came out on PC as well. I just saw it on Steam the other day. I guess they realized that they have a much bigger audience if they include PC gamers. Also, I'd love to see an XII PC port. xD

I also like that this FF will have a real-time battle system rather than turn-based or hybrids. I love fast-paced action-RPGs, but this one looks also interesting since it seems to incorporate combos with team members.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

Aye! It always baffles me that they don't release more AAA JRPGs on PC. Do they not realize the kind of people that use PCs? XD We're usually the type who enjoys thinking through numbers and such.

And I agree with ya on the battle system, Blizz. I don't enjoy turn based battles very often (Paper Mario is an exception), so seeing a final fantasy game go the way of an ABS makes me happy :D

winkio

Graphics aside, the actual gameplay seems like it has a lot of cool stuff going on.  Roaming around the wilderness in a black sportscar, fighting giant creatures in large groups, using swords that can teleport, teammate combo techniques, and some over-the-top dialog that doesn't seem to take itself 100% seriously all have serious potential to make a great game.