RMVX graphics pack in rmxp?

Started by chaucer, October 25, 2014, 10:09:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chaucer

Hey, so I had a quick question, I tried looking through the Terms and Conditions on rpg maker website, but i couldnt find anything on this topic. I wanted to purchase 2 graphics packs from the rpg maker store, the problem is that they're for rmvxace(so it says on the image when you click to buy it) But I was curious would I be allowed to use this graphics pack in RMXP (I don't have vxace) in legal terms?(after i modified it of course into an xp tileset)
also sorry if this is in the wrong thread?

WhiteRose

I would imagine that the license extends to use in all RPG Maker games, particularly if it is purchased separately and not as part of the standard RTP for an RMXP program. If you ever want to actually release something, however, you might want to get a lawyer, or at least someone with a decent history of legal experience, to look over the terms and conditions in order to verify that it is within your rights. You'd probably want to talk with such a person if you're going to release anything commercially anyway, in order to assure that your work is properly protected and so on. :)

ForeverZer0

You could always just contact Enterbrain before purchasing, and have them confirm, in writing, if you would be permitted or not. Cheaper than a lawyer.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

G_G

You are allowed to use the graphics packs through any of Enterbrain's titles. However, you have to pay a separate license to use them in other engines.