Script needed-windows without self.oy

Started by radii, October 04, 2014, 10:22:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

radii

I need a complete set of scripts like window_selectable , items window etc. Without A SINGLE use of self.oy function. The problem is that how to scroll without this. I need these scripts as my custom engine cannot handle self.oy. Technically it seems to work as the cursor of items works well but the sprites don't scroll at all. Please post especially window selectable.
Thanks

ForeverZer0

If changing the oy does not work, the problem is with your engine, and you should be fixing that problem, not trying to alter the built in classes.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

radii

I can't make oy work. Instead I need to make the window itself long and then move the entire window with self.y ...

G_G

That doesn't even make sense. You can move the entire window with self.y. I really don't understand what you want. If you could explain your goal here and maybe post some screenshots of what you're talking about, we might be able to come up with a way to help you, but I can tell you this, rewriting all the Window classes to achieve what oy already achieves for you and is already implemented is quite a dumb decision.

Ryex

if you can't make ox and oy work then there is something fundamentally wrong with your engine. We did it in ARC after all, wasn't even all that difficult.

as for rewriting the scripts to achieve what ox and oy do, if your working on the engine level then you should be able to do it yourself. all you have to do is draw the window contents to a separate bitmap and then blit a small portion (the portion determined by the ox, oy position; and the content space width, height) of that bitmap into the window content area.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />