Hatred

Started by Blizzard, October 25, 2014, 05:14:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexion

Fracken f0, trolling this topic lol

Also, pedo jokes != accepting pedophilia. We make rape jokes, doesn't mean we want a game about rape. Common sense :B
For some reason you have this idea that if we accept or tolerate a certain subject even a small portion, that we are required to tolerate it to all extremes which is just not the case. That's why we has brain + common sense

Spaceman McConaughey

October 28, 2014, 01:50:26 am #41 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:55:44 am by Sgt. Tuggernuts
Rape and pedophilia jokes piss off a lot of people just as much (if not more, due to making light of such a serious subject) as accepting it.
That is common sense, Zexion. By your logic, I can make a comedic game about 911 or the Columbine massacre (serious and touchy subjects for people, like rape and pedophilia), and that'd be a-okay. I mean, I don't give a fuck if something like that is made one way or another, but you seem to be a part of the group that cares if it is made one way.

Also, no need to start throwing insults. I have a brain, thanks.

Zexion

It wasn't meant to be an insult geez   :blargh:
I was just pointing out that we have a brain to tell the differences between a joke and an insult. The difference between a joke and a game is that we are literally experiencing the game. It just gets too real, man. People have problems with real

Spaceman McConaughey

Oh, I read that wrong. Sorry.

Anyways, when I play video games, I don't let what I'm playing bother me simply because it's not real, since it's... a video game. I dunno, I think if plenty of people tried on that mindset, they'd get more enjoyment out of their gaming hobby.

Blizzard

Postal 2 IS a controversial game. But it didn't go beyond my personal boundaries. While Hatres does.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

Fair enough, Brois.

Crasger

I found the trailer rather humorous-- especially the first part where he starts saying all that cheesy stuff.

The game will turn into a disaster upon release, though.

Tazero

Quote from: winkio on October 25, 2014, 07:00:46 pm
I don't know how big of a deal this is.  There are already certain cutscenes/scenarios in modern day shooters/dark action games with similar interactions, but on a much smaller scale.  There are also a number of movies with really intense, stomach turning scenes, as well as books, comics, blogs, etc.  Not everyone who is into this type of stuff is a mass murder waiting to go on a killing spree.  In fact, if you look at some of the recent events, the killers weren't really into this stuff, most were just normal people that either got into a fight over something or got into long term depression for one reason or another.

That said, I think the game is trash, and nobody would even notice it if it weren't for the media coverage.

You reference Movies and cutscenes, thoses aren't actually you making the choice to kill people generally. It's how the developer wants it.

--

I don't like the idea of this game, it looks poorly planned even.

If you were a fish...

Blizzard

May 24, 2015, 08:18:59 am #48 Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 08:23:43 am by Blizzard
I've sent an email back then to Extra Credits about the game.

Spoiler: ShowHide
QuoteHello Extra Credits Team,

I don't know if you already knew, but there is a new upcoming game that... well, just taking things a bit too far. I'm talking about Hatred. Here is a link to the trailer if you haven't seen it yet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytdEYapPXdY

I'm a game developer myself and I've played and enjoyed many violent and gritty games over the years, but this is game just going too far IMO. The whole point of the game is murdering and torturing innocent people. In GTA you can do that, but it's not the main point. In Postal 2 you could do it, too, but it's still not the point of the game. It's even portrayed in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way and isn't taking itself too seriously. But Hatred looks different.

I'm all for freedom of speech and expression, but the coming of this game is not a good thing. Of course I don't believe that it will cause any actual violence to happen, but there is simply something unsettling about this game. I think it's crossing the boundary of good taste and is insensible towards mass shooting victims and their families.

In any case, I would love to see an episode about this game to see what you think and maybe about this issue in general. Because if this game is ok, then an Auschwitz Simulator would be ok, too. And that would be just insensible.

And they made an episode on it. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6xQlnzffRg
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

So, Hatred's out, and it's as fun as I thought it would be.

Which is, to say, very fun.