Music during Instalation

Started by sekiraze, November 11, 2014, 02:05:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sekiraze

Hey guys;

I have a question.

what do you guys think about Music during instalation? Is it too much? Or could it just annoy? Or is it great?

In my opinion (i am thinking about putting music during instalation in my future game) I think, that it could be great, but i am not yet sure.

So, what do you think :) ?

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

sekiraze

Quote from: Blizzard on November 11, 2014, 02:25:31 pm
Nah, I usually hate it.

can you tell me why? Or is it just a regular feeling of despite?

WhiteRose

I don't know if I would like music during installation of things, because I usually start the install and then do something else while it finishes. It's an interesting idea, though; I don't know if I've come across any installers that use music.

Soulshaker3

Quote from: WhiteRose on November 11, 2014, 04:09:11 pm
I don't know if I've come across any installers that use music.

Oh that part of the internet, where you "adquire" things
Hellow?

G_G

It's annoying and a nuisance, especially if said software doesn't provide a quick way to mute it. It throws people off, unexpected, and loud. It is usually not enjoyed.

sekiraze

Quote from: soulshaker3 on November 11, 2014, 04:44:10 pm
Quote from: WhiteRose on November 11, 2014, 04:09:11 pm
I don't know if I've come across any installers that use music.

Oh that part of the internet, where you "adquire" things

*cough* *cough*

sekiraze

Quote from: gameus on November 11, 2014, 04:45:48 pm
It's annoying and a nuisance, especially if said software doesn't provide a quick way to mute it. It throws people off, unexpected, and loud. It is usually not enjoyed.

so adding a Music On/Off button would be a nice idea? i didnt even think of that.

MetalZelda

No need music cuz music distract people and PC Master Race didn't need to be distracted

G_G

I HIGHLY recommend against it, no matter for what reason. If you're really persistent about the idea, feel free to create two separate installers. Or ask on opening "Would you like to listen to music while installing this software?" and go from there.

Blizzard

There is no good reason to add it and a lot against it. I often listen to music on my laptop/PC and it annoys the heck out of me when something else comes along. Another reason is if you are working on something quietly and suddenly BAM, music and wakes up your wife or brother or something.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

My opinion is this: absolutely not.
For what purpose is there to put music in an installer? None. If I want to listen to music, then I will listen to music, I do not need it from an installer, and even if it was the best song ever created, or matched the atmosphere of the game being installed, I would still find it highly annoying.

If you do opt to do this for some unknown reason, and insist on it, make sure that the music is OFF by default, and I would not even have dialog asking if someone wants it. Just have a button in the corner or something that reads "Music ON", that way if someone REALLY wants to listen to some unknown music for 10 seconds while a program installs, they at least have the option to adjust their speakers, pause actual music they might be listening to already, or whatever else they may want.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.