[MMORPG] Pokemon Project

Started by mrbane, November 25, 2014, 03:54:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbane

November 25, 2014, 03:54:42 pm Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 05:44:37 pm by mrbane
Greetings to Chaos community,

My name is Alex, I am 22 years old and I am about to run a pokemon project. Please before you leave this thread, take some time to read my story, my intentions and my skills.
First of all, I am in love with pokemon since I was 9-10 years old. I won't forget the moment when my grandma gave me as a present a gameboy and yellow pikachu edition, after that all editions followed in my hands. I remember myself thinking of how amazing would be if I could play with other players around the world except my local friends.
I grew up, school, girls, new life, new games. Pokemon were about to become a part of my history, a memory. I was 15 years old when I came up with Lineage 2 game, and started my own project based on java leaked sources which gave me 24,000$ in 5 months, money I split with my partner who was the java developer. Then I went deeper, I finished school and didn't want to move on like my friends, I focused on internet business. Learnt hacking/marketing/SEO and I made projects which I am still running even if I need to be active in front of my computer for more than 8 hours per day.
Last year, I saw some videos and topics about pokemon mmorpg. I guess you can understand how I felt. I was watching one after another video, one after another guide. I couldn't believe that my childish dream came true after so many years, and that I could start a project using my ideas and my stories. However I was 10 years out of pokemon, so I missed all the newest pokemons and functions so I would need a team to help me in almost everything. One more thing is that I do not have coding knowledge so I couldn't make scripts etc.
I didn't let it down though, I made several topics in other forums, but all the guys I tried to work with were just kids who got bored after 1 week. So I felt disappointed, and I thought that I shouldn't go into it since I would only waste my time.
Last month, I had some free time to play a game, and I joined pokemmo just to see how it looks like. 2 days after I had so many ideas in my mind, so many unique things and I couldn't let myself away from it. I want to run my own pokemon project and I will do it no matter what.
So this is the purpose of this topic, I am looking for experienced guys who would like to partner up with me, and make a pokemon project like we want it, all together. Below you can find my skillset in case you have bad thoughts.

What's needed?
- Head/Main Developer (1)
- Scripter (1-2)
- Spriter (1-2)
- Mapper (1-2)
- Eventer (1-2)

My skillset:
- SEO/Marketing/Promotion (I can rank up our work and promote it to thousands of players)
- Mapping (I used to work with RPGMaker XP, dunno if its still the best)
- Scenario/Story (I have a very cool scenario/story which I am working on from the moment I saw the online platform (1 year ago). It's about 50 pages, including functions, NPCs, events which need a coder)
- My current experiences: RPG Maker XP, RMX-OS (If you think we should work on something else, we can go for it since you might know more than me)
- Website/Forum for our project.
- Strong/fast DDOS protected hosting.
- I can work more than 8 hours per day in the project so I guess we won't need more guys, but if we do that's ok with me.
- All costs, whole budget (advertisments, hosting fees, everything that needs money in general)

Contact Method:
- Email: panachal@outlook.com

Sorry for the long thread I hope it wasn't tiresome.
Just to be clear, do not think that I consider myself as the boss here. We will work together on that, and the whole staff will be rewarded with credits + profits from donations (if any). We will also discuss our ideas and mix them up. That's why I am seeking for partners and not employees, I don't like the idea of being a boss.
I will be active in forum as well so you can reply below if you have any questions, but I prefer skype since I am all day active there due to my other business as well.

Thank you all!

Blizzard

November 26, 2014, 02:06:16 am #1 Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 04:09:02 am by Blizzard
:welcome:

It's great to see some new enthusiasm here. :) You seem ambitious and determined. I'm like that, too, and I believe that you can pull this off.

You noticed well that most "kids" will get bored of the project in a relatively short time. Be prepared that you will have to switch out staff during development as people will leave after a while unless you find somebody equally determined. Most people here who are more skilled are usually already in their 20 so their attention span is much longer and they won't drop you after a week. It was a good decision to come here, hahaha!

RMX-OS is good, but not great. Though, for a turn-based pokemon game, RMX-OS might be enough. There is only one major "bug" that seems to freeze the server after a while and after a number of players have connected/disconnected. I was never able to reproduce it or find the cause for it. So if you are able to find out more about this and provide me with info, I will be around to fix the problem in RMX-OS. Your best option here in general is Pokemon Essentials with RMX-OS integrated. It has all you need.

I am a bit interested in your SEO/Marketing/Promotion experiences if you are willing to share.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

mrbane

Quote from: Blizzard on November 26, 2014, 02:06:16 am
:welcome:

It's great to see some new enthusiasm here. :) You seem ambitious and determined. I'm like that, too, and I believe that you can pull this off.

You noticed well that most "kids" will get bored of the project in a relatively short time. Be prepared that you will have to switch out staff during development as people will leave after a while unless you find somebody equally determined. Most people here who are more skilled are usually already in their 20 so their attention span is much longer and they won't drop you after a week. It was a good decision to come here, hahaha!

RMX-OS is good, but not great. Though, for a turn-based pokemon game, RMX-OS might be enough. There is only one major "bug" that seems to freeze the server after a while and after a number of players have connected/disconnected. I was never able to reproduce it or find the cause for it. So if you are able to find out more about this and provide me with info, I will be around to fix the problem in RMX-OS. Your best option here in general is Pokemon Essentials with RMX-OS integrated. It has all you need.

I am a bit interested in your SEO/Marketing/Promotion experiences if you are willing to share.

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate that you can see exactly how I feel.
I am aware and I know what's happening with those "kids". In all my projects I've been worked with kids who pretended the business men and they quit after 1 week or 1 month. So I know that team will be changed while we'll be working on it. However, the main developer is what I am looking for most, since he is going to be the guy I will count on most. So this is the hardest part here, to find the proper guy for it. I have also made similar topics to other programming forums but I would prefer someone who is passionate with pokemon like me in order to bring some ideas to the table as well. I don't like me giving orders to someone who will only do it just to get rid of them and finish the soonest, and this is why I am seeking for partners and not employees. Thanks for mention that.
About RMX-OS, I was talking with someone yesterday, he mentioned that even if it's good it's really unstable and it won't handle more than 30 players, and that worries me a bit to be honest since I counted on it. Well you said you found the cause of it so I assume you already know how to fix it? Also as I mentioned above I am familiar with RPG Maker XP so I will probably work with it, unless the main developer has a different plan.
About SEO/Marketing/Promotion, I could help you in private (added you in skype). I don't think that posting guides/tutorials about them will be helpful in this community since it's a completely different section.
In the end, I am still looking for guys to work together.

Blizzard

That thing with 30 players, that's exactly the problem I am talking about. No, I didn't find the cause yet. It still eludes me. I have no consistent way to reproduce it. I am just aware of it since a few people reported it. I am convinced that it's a problem with the OS. It would be great if somebody could compare it on a Unix machine and see if it has problems there as well.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

mrbane

I can try that in one of my VPS which uses CentOS, but I currently do not have 30 players to test it. I was wondering what pokemmo uses, any ideas?

Blizzard

I don't think it uses RMXP. At least not as far as I know. I definitely doesn't use RMX-OS.

flrodude

PhoenixFire

Well, the OP hasn't been on in over a month, was only active for a week, and has 3 posts total, all in this topic. Chances are good you'll get a better chance at a response if you send him a PM, as there's the possibility he will get an email notification.

That being said, if you don't get an answer, I've been thinking about designing a PokeMMO in VXA lately, and just completely scrapping the other projects I've been working on; let me know if you get an answer from him and all, and that'll determine what I end up doing.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

ForeverZer0

Quote from: mrbane on November 25, 2014, 03:54:42 pm
Contact Method:
- Email: panachal@outlook.com

Or you could just use the method of contact that was requested...
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

PhoenixFire

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on January 07, 2015, 08:13:53 am
Or you could just use the method of contact that was requested...

That too... Sorry, I didn't even notice they had provided that haha
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

flrodude

You should email him and tell me what he says:D