[This project is Dead]

Started by DarkHeart85, December 20, 2014, 10:58:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkHeart85

December 20, 2014, 10:58:43 pm Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:25:19 pm by DarkHeart85
As the subject Title says, i am looking for some help, right now we are working on the White doc (for those who do not know what that means a white doc is what is known as an outline) for our game, so far i have one - three other people involved.

here is the criteria for consideration in the project.
           1. most important of all, you need to speak English
           2. must have Rpg Maker XP.
           3. must provide skills and proof of skills.
           4. must agree to submit work to the lead devs for approval.
           5. you must never deviate characters from their personalities
           6. if something doesn't fit how the game is supposed to be it'll be removed.
      the other lead devs may have their own rules.
although i may have some leeway here or there my game is supposed to be what it's supposed to be.
       if i like how your resume looks i'll consider you and my team will vote.

The game: The game so far is supposed to be a 1 or 2 player Action RPG, complete with character swap mechanics where applicable, multiple factions and interwoven multiple character stories, (think how dynasty warriors interweaves the stories and plots, liu bei stands for virtue and wants to re esstablish the han dynasty, ect ect) the characters plots are different.

what i need made or implemented: everything. except for writers: we the lead devs are the ones that will do that.

EDITED: This Project is dead because the other devs left because we lacked any scripting skill an they lost interest.
warning: Don't visit my site if H-games or their developers offend you, this game and site is intended for those 18+.
Currently still recruiting for project,
if interested visit my site below.
site:

Soulshaker3

If you want to recruit someone atleast give informations about your project, how are we supposed to know what are you working on
Hellow?

Ranquil

This topic raises at least three questions:

• What do you mean with a white doc / outline? A prototype of the game? A breefing of the story?

• What kind of a game are you really making? I don't want to take a pig in a poke.

• What skills are you looking for in potential devs? RGSS skills? Art skills? Eventing skills? General design skills?

If you want people to take part in the game, you have to be a bit more specific.
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

DarkHeart85

right now we want to keep it a secret till we have more stuff done, all i will say is that it's a 1-2 player single screen action RPg.

an outline as in we are writing everything down before we do anything else.

as for what we need, just post examples of what you are capable of doing and we will vote on whose going to be accepted into the project.
thats pretty much all i can explain.
warning: Don't visit my site if H-games or their developers offend you, this game and site is intended for those 18+.
site:

ForeverZer0

No one is asking for anything that could be considered "secret" or whose answer would somehow sabotage the game. They are asking for basic information that is required to make an informed decision on whether or not they would even want to volunteer for anything. The original post is as vague and uninformative as they come, you need to answer A LOT more questions and explain A LOT more about whatever this is than what you have offered, or I am quite certain in saying no one will respond to this. 

There are no shortage of projects out there where people are looking for others to get involved, which is done by generating interest, and making people want to be part of it. Your request is the equivalent of asking for someone who knows how to drive something, but won't even answer what type of vehicle they are expected to drive. A boat? A plane? A car? A bicycle?

You are asking for people to blindly volunteer for something without any knowledge, where a secret committee will vote on its importance and possible need. Honestly, the very fact that these questions are not answered and the information is lacking and cannot be directly answered often makes one to believe that there is nothing worth getting involved with, not create interest.

I feel confident speaking for everybody saying that if you want anyone to take this serious at all, you need to provide us with much more information.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

DarkHeart85

site:

Zexion

Like, anything ._.
All I get from this, is that you don't really have a complete idea yet, but you are planning ahead. I don't get what you need. Is the game going to be an rpg? Shooter? What engine will it use? Will the graphics be 100% custom (therefore requiring a spriter) or will it use rtp? What about music? Will it have a battle system? If so will it require tons of scripting?

You can give a lot of information without spoiling the actual game :b

ForeverZer0

Quote from: DarkHeart85 on December 22, 2014, 12:28:30 am
okay, like what?

Like if you were going to explain anything to anybody about something you were thinking about and wanted the conversation to be in any way interesting. Not just, "I have a plan for a game, and need some help, sorry, I can't say more, end of conversation."
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

DarkHeart85

December 22, 2014, 12:43:30 am #8 Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 12:54:39 am by DarkHeart85
well, it's under RPG maker, so RPG maker xp, and your right, we only have the base idea right now because none of the others have helped me come up with anything, but in a few i'll post more in the first post so that anyone else that comes this way will see it.

is that good enough -_-
site:

DarkHeart85

If i hit the delete button on the top will it erase everything in the topic??
site:

Zexion

yes this topic will be completely gone

Blizzard

Hm, that can't be right. Deleting one's own topic is disabled in permissions. You can delete your own posts, but not the entire topic.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zexion

Oh I must be confusing it with just deleting a single post xD