Graphical Performance for my RPG Maker XP

Started by ThalliumShine, January 08, 2015, 01:10:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThalliumShine

I am quite bothered how my RPG Maker XP works graphically. As we already know, it renders slower unlike VX and VX Ace. I tried testing three scripts of the same function. The RPGXP version of the script is slower in scrolling while the ones in VX is quite faster. I have to queries for the experts:

1. Is there a way to make XP's graphical performance faster via a DLL, script or any existing third party software?

2. How can I make the resolution of RPG Maker XP to a higher value? Not all knows ALT + Enter...also, the fullscreen seems like not a fullscreen at all...

Soulshaker3

1. You can try to use XP Ace, it runs XP games with ace engine so it's a lot faster.
2. Any tilemap rewrite will do that, if you upgrade to XP Ace it will need to have one of those to run but without it just a normal Custom Resolution Script will do, but higher resolution means higher lag if your game is lagging it will be even worse with bigger resolutions.
Hellow?

KK20

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Heretic86

Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

ThalliumShine

I tried the XP Ace but all I see are tons of scripts in a folder, I was hoping there's a demo I can download...I can't seem to find one since the link is dead... I downloaded one before but it says that the RPG Maker it was made was an older version...thus I can't open it.

Zexion

You just need to edit the project file in a txt editor and change the version to  your version.

PhoenixFire

January 09, 2015, 07:55:02 am #6 Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 09:16:11 am by ForeverZer0
Give it a couple hours and I'll get the dead link back up for you. It was made with the current version of te XP editor (the Steam version), so it should work for you no problem. I may also have the version I made with RMX-OS sideloaded into it as well, you would like.

EDIT: Re-Uploaded the file I have. If it doesn't work for you, let me know, and I can make a new demo for you. This one should work just fine though DOWNLOAD DEMO
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

ForeverZer0

Fixed the link, there were 2 "http" in it, as well as being surrounding by quotes, so the link didn't do anything.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

ThalliumShine

January 09, 2015, 11:59:38 am #8 Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 12:40:07 pm by ThalliumShine
Ahhh that saved me, thanks a lot all of you :)

Edit: Somehow I am having a problem with the demo, when I tried to transfer it with Moonpearl's script, it says that the procedure can't be found. Is it because of the RGSS player I just changed from the XP one to Ace? If I don't change the player, its fine, but it goes error when I changed it to Ace player.

PhoenixFire

Take a look at the post that KK20 linked you to and read through Terv's post for more details and info and good stuff to know; easy answer, you have to edit the .ini file every time you save it, because the XP editor overwrites the .ini files each time, so it's looking for a .dll that can't be used.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

ForeverZer0

I thought I made a launcher for it that would fix this problem?
I could be mistaken. If not, I could easily.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Heretic86

You could mark the .ini file as "Read Only", but in XP, you'll have to redo this every time you open your project.  Advantage is you dont have to change it every time you run your game from the currently opened project.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Zexion

I think it overwrites the .ini reguardless when using the steam version.
@F0 you did write a launcher, but it didn't work right after a while. Not sure if maybe the same happened to everyone else. It worked the first time I launched but after a while it just stopped doing anything o.o