On the map combat system to use with Heretic's Collection

Started by flrodude, January 13, 2015, 02:19:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flrodude

Hey guys!  If you haven't met Heretic, he's a bro who made some sick scripts for the RPG Maker Community.  His collection of scripts is found...here: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,13682.0.html

Anyway, I want an "On the map" combat system similar to Blizz ABS that will work with Heretic's stuff.  Feel free to take out Heretic's combat system in his scripts if you need to.  It would be totally awesome if you could find a way to even make Blizz ABS work with as many of Heretic's scripts as possible, but I could not find a way.

ForeverZer0

Sounds much easier to make the scripts you want compatible than making an entire ABS system. You are basically asking somebody to build a new house instead of repairing a broken window on the one you got.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

flrodude

Yeah I'd prefer that, the problem is, Blizz is retired and Heretic has never used Blizz ABS, so he doesn't know how to make them compatible either:p

Heretic86

Blizz did do something very smart with his ABS, and that was provide information to the community so others could expand on his battle system.

The sensors that I used are almost the same as Little Drago's sensors, but without all the rest of the stealth and view related stuff.  It is possible that Blizz ABS could be expanded to work with a Blizz ABS specific type of Sensor.  All Sensors really do is enable a Game Switch that causes the Event to change Pages.  Like you said, I dont have any experience in scripting for Blizz ABS, but ten bucks says that Page Changing can probably be compatible with Blizz ABS for causing different types of behaviors.

If Little Dragos Simple Event Sensors scripts works okay with Blizz ABS, it is probably a better foundation to build on than mine, as it was never designed for Combat, but only to trigger the default or other non map related types of combat systems.

Just so everyone knows this...
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

flrodude

I'm a total n00b when it comes to Ruby and this sort of thing.  Do you have any idea how long it'd take to make them compatible, and if not long, could you do that for me? :3