RMX-OS LAN question

Started by flrodude, January 13, 2015, 03:16:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flrodude

Hey guys.  So I don't currently have the ability to portforward (being at a University and all) So my question is this:  Is it both possible and easy to make a LAN game with RMX-OS.  I figure I'll make the best of what I can, and might as well provide my friends with a simple game to entertain us.

Soulshaker3

There should be no problem, if the ip is 127.0.0.1 all in your local area should be able to connect
Hellow?

despair72

i posted  also about RMX-LAN asking if its possible yet the answer is somewhat in contrast to yours

stating that it would take lots of effort and networking also -,- so basically
i dunno who to trust now XD  :naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty: :<_<:
Spoiler: ShowHide
[spoiler][spoiler][spoiler]Nothing XD
[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Zexion

Because on the other post you kinda make it sound like you want a new script, or for someone to configure this for you. We really can't, rmxos is already preconfigured for lan playing, you have to setup the MySQL database yourself though. We can't exactly do that for you >.>
I mean, I know how to configure it , but I have no idea how I would send it to you lol.

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Zexion on January 15, 2015, 11:49:52 am
I mean, I know how to configure it , but I have no idea how I would send it to you lol.

This; in reality, it would be easy enough for you to set up and run locally in much the same way you would set it up to run from a server. That being said, there's a rather in-depth help file that walks you through what is needed in order to properly set it up. Maybe if you told us what step it was you were having trouble with, you might get some better, and more specific answers?

I guess my first question would be, have you attempted to set it up by following the instructions provided?
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

despair72

@ Zexion
    Yeah...  you're right :)
XD I think the MySQL part is hard

@Phoenix Fire
   Hmmmm. Lemme see ...
I followed the " Setting up the Rmx-os TuT [don't reply]"

I finished using mysql 5.1 as he said
Ending having command client something....

I have EMS mySQL lite
Which states the SQL server is somewhat
Unavailable :/

That's about it xD
Spoiler: ShowHide
[spoiler][spoiler][spoiler]Nothing XD
[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]