Use GBA MAP

Started by scuall, January 21, 2015, 02:42:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scuall

Good morning, there is the possibility of using maps gba. I want to spend gba maps to rxproject.

I just wanna know if possible.

ForeverZer0

Don't even know what you are talking about.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Spaceman McConaughey

I think he's asking if you can take maps from GBA games and import them into an RMXP project.

And that's a big fat no.

Vexus

You can do 2 things.

1 - Rip the maps and create them yourself by watching the gba game while mapping.
2 - Find someone else that ripped the maps into a tileset and use them.
Current Project/s:

MetalZelda

Quote from: Sgt. Tuggernuts on January 21, 2015, 11:22:01 pm
I think he's asking if you can take maps from GBA games and import them into an RMXP project.

And that's a big fat no.

If he rips all tiles then it is possible to remade it ^^
It is possible to remake a GBA game map, but not in the way he wanted :haha:

G_G

It's possible, I just doubt no one has the want or time to actually make it. It's just a matter of looking up ROM info and figure out where the maps are actually stored. If it wasn't possible at all, you wouldn't have tools that edit maps in Pokemon. And I know Dargor, the guy who's working on the FFVI SDK, made a map importer for the SNES ROM of the game. But it's a lot of work, time, and trial and error so best of luck. My honest suggestion is to go to http://spriters-resource.com/ and see if you can't find tilesets there for your game.