Life sim rpg (name undecided at the moment)

Started by phillip1756, February 08, 2015, 07:54:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phillip1756

February 08, 2015, 07:54:07 pm Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:09:14 am by KK20
About Project
This game is in a modern setting in a large city, it has a mix of life sim and rpg elements.

Story
You and your family have just moved to the city to start a new life. After you settle in to your first day of school
and make friends, the story depends on you from then on.

Screenshots
Spoiler: ShowHide

Classroom in your school

Grocery store. The maps look empty at the moment because the game is
still in its early stages.

Local swimming pool

Coffee shop

Members of the city's various gangs

Features

Spoiler: ShowHide
Age Stages
You play your character from your early teens up to old age and develop as
you do and unlock new oppurtunities.

Living World
In the city you can see cars driving around and non-static NPCs who have schedules and
don't stay in one place the whole time.

Jobs
There's various ways to make money in the game and one is obviously working.
You can choose from many different jobs including; journalist, firefighter, chef,
and many more. You could even run for mayor if you wanted.

Booze and Drugs
You can get high and drunk in the game but make sure you don't
over do it.

Crime System
Break into houses and shops at night, mug people, shoplift, hold up shops, and even
more options.

Housing
When you get older and move out of your parents' house, you will need to
start looking for a apartment and eventually if you get enough money
you can buy houses.

There's more features than just the ones listed here.

Inspirations
The Sims series
Celestial Dance
Always Sometimes Monsters
GTA

Help needed

Spriters: For charsets and tilesets etc

Artists: For pictures and facesets etc

Scripters

Eventers

Feel free to ask about this project or tell me if you want to help

PhoenixFire

I like the concept actually, though, its due to it being an "open world" style game, where you don't have an exact goal, but rather some general guidelines and hints. I would be interested to see where you go with this, and as it is conceptually similar to the game I've been working on, if you need someone to bounce ideas off of, I would be happy to chat!

You look like you're off to an okay start, so good luck!
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

phillip1756

Quote from: PhoenixFire on February 11, 2015, 07:57:22 am
I like the concept actually, though, its due to it being an "open world" style game, where you don't have an exact goal, but rather some general guidelines and hints. I would be interested to see where you go with this, and as it is conceptually similar to the game I've been working on, if you need someone to bounce ideas off of, I would be happy to chat!

You look like you're off to an okay start, so good luck!

thanks for the feedback, and yeah i think it'd be good to have someone to discuss ideas with so i can kinda get a idea of what would work in the game and what wouldn't etc

phillip1756

phillip1756

ForeverZer0

I have only ever been able to view the first 2 screens, the others are broken.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

KK20

He was using the wrong imgur links. Fix'd.

You need to use the the one that says Direct Link (email & IM) or BBCode (message boards & forums) which already provides the IMG tags for you.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

phillip1756

Quote from: KK20 on March 27, 2015, 12:11:16 am
He was using the wrong imgur links. Fix'd.

You need to use the the one that says Direct Link (email & IM) or BBCode (message boards & forums) which already provides the IMG tags for you.

Thanks I was wondering why they weren't showing up

phillip1756

Looking for feedback wanna know if people liked the look of the screenshots so far and opinions on the look of the different gangs

Seltzer Cole

I like that there is gangs and you could choose a life of crime. But what about if you lead a life of good? Do you go to school/college and that effects your job later in life?

I actually had an idea similar to this game at one point. Btw I would love to help out if you need any.
You know you play video games to much when you put sunglasses on and whisper "Plus 10 Appearance"

If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0

phillip1756

Quote from: Seltzer Cole on May 10, 2015, 03:39:30 pm
I like that there is gangs and you could choose a life of crime. But what about if you lead a life of good? Do you go to school/college and that effects your job later in life?

I actually had an idea similar to this game at one point. Btw I would love to help out if you need any.

Sorry for the late reply, yes you can choose to go to school and college and it'll have effects on what jobs you can do based on what classes you take etc. Help would be great aswell,  i've been looking for help with it, what you want to be helping with?