Benefits of turning common event into a script ?

Started by MetalZelda, March 04, 2015, 06:33:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalZelda

Hi
Is there's any performance benefits if I wanna turn common event that use parallel process into a single script ?
If yes, I wanna learn how to turn common event into a script.

Common Event
Spoiler: ShowHide
Start

The whole system

Thanks

Zexion

Really, it's the same shit. Lol
You can make most scripts with common events, and vice-versa. There might be performance enhancements if you program them, but really it's not a complete game changer. The process of running say 100 common events might become an issue, but most games don't even reach that. (At least not running all at once)

I'd say the main benefit to scripting would be the fact that you don't deal with messy event pages anymore xD

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Zexion on March 04, 2015, 02:25:19 pm
I'd say the main benefit to scripting would be the fact that you don't deal with messy event pages anymore xD

Myself being someone that uses events for just about everything I can, I'll have to agree with Zexion on this one.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

ForeverZer0

It really depends on what you are trying to accomplish, but for most circumstances, if it is possible to do on a relatively simple common event, then that is fine, there is not much benefit one way or the other.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

MetalZelda

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on March 04, 2015, 05:50:18 pm
It really depends on what you are trying to accomplish, but for most circumstances, if it is possible to do on a relatively simple common event, then that is fine, there is not much benefit one way or the other.

I'm trying to do an Zeldaish A-RPG ABS for VX ace using eventing only

ForeverZer0

For all that to be done correctly, I think a script is your only real option. Using common events is just going to be a mess, but it depends how in-depth and complicated you want it to be.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.