Hi there

Started by Alyon93, March 08, 2015, 06:54:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyon93

Hi, my name is Riccardo, I'm italian and 21 years old.  On forums and web in general I'm known as Alyon93 which is according to legends(the web ones at least) my name in elven, followed by my birth year(who cares right?!).
I'm a student in Computer Science at my University. I started this course of studies because since the age of 13, when I discovered Rpg Maker XP, I was totally fascinated by the ways a game works. However in the past years I started a lot of projects on my own without concluding one of them, this because I had no ability in Pixel Art, in RGSS scripting and also enough fantasy to create great and fascinating maps. Also time was never by my side, by having a lot other things to do. From 5 years lately(yes I'm pretty lazy  :^_^':) I started this new one, in which I'm putting all myself and my ideas. Yet I'm working on it when I have time and when I have a lot of inspiration. Actually in the last year I'm working on it pretty hard, even if I'm still on my own(sometimes a guy help me with some Pixel Art) but creating maps, a fascinating hystory and of course scripting still takes a lot of time and effort. While I learned pretty good C++ scripting and how to use classes and modules, I'm still having a lot of problems with RGSS basically because I'm not used to continue  the work done by others(for instance creating a new script using the standard ones while not know their exact functioning).
Basically that's why I'm here:
I was searching for help and this community already welcomed me in a way I never saw before.
From now on, I hope to meet some very good people and learn from them how to improve my skills and, who knows, maybe help someone out there who will one day come in the same way like me.

In the spare time I also have a musical band and we've just recorded our first LP that will be available soon for free on youtube and similar.

Well, that's what I am!  :haha:
See you all soon in some topics.
Byeee :hi:

Alyon93

P.s. Since I'm italian forgive my poor english, I'm doing my best!

ForeverZer0

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

KK20

Quote from: Alyon93 on March 08, 2015, 06:54:42 pm
P.s. Since I'm italian forgive my poor english, I'm doing my best!

Spoiler: ShowHide
'I must say, do excuse my abhorrent usage of the vernacular most commonly present'

It's always good to see another programmer join the ranks here. I was much in your situation--I found RPG Maker in my teen years, wanted to learn how to program so I could make my games like I wanted them, and now I'm a resident scripter. RGSS is easy to pick up if you stick to it (and can do some pretty cool things thanks to not being strongly-typed). Took me a year before I could muster the courage to join the forums and seem competent enough to fill its ranks :P

Anyways, I hope to see you develop some interesting things. Maybe take the load off my back once in a while :)

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Ranquil

Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.