Warning.

Started by Redd, August 28, 2014, 02:17:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Redd

Sometimes when I do a google search for some scripts or whatever, and click on a link that directs to here, it comes up with a warning about how this page may not be the actual page and it will try to get your information and stuff like that. Obviously, I know this isn't the real deal, but it's still happening and that should be looked into. I'm using Chrome on Windows XP, don't know if that makes a difference or not.
I can't seem to get it to actually happen right now, but next time it does I'll be sure to post a screen shot.

Blizzard

It's kind of ironic, because Chrome sends all your information to Google and yet it "warns" you from lots of other websites. I think I once saw somebody get a warning for Facebook or something. I'm not saying that you shouldn't pay attention to them, but Chrome is just paranoid. :/
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

Oh, I forgot I set up a phony Chaos Project that hooks into Google searches.
I wouldn't actually go to it unless you want to be apart of my botnet.

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zexion

I get this too for every single topic. I started just disregarding it after a while.

Redd

Just wondering if you guys wanted to do anything to change it.

KK20

I don't think there's anything that can be done to stop it.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

I think that this might be an internal initiative by Google to "block off" sites that might contain warez since they can't literally block you. A bunch of assholes if you ask me. Guilty until proven innocent. :/

WhiteRose

I've never seen a warning for CP on any of my browsers/devices, and I usually use Chrome. Kind of odd.

Zexion

August 29, 2014, 06:17:11 pm #9 Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 06:20:01 pm by Zexion
I don't get them on my phone either so idk what it is lol.
http://puu.sh/bdgsg/28d133db36.png
It usually looks like this.
Edit: Thought it might be a good idea to post the " Help me understand " section:
Spoiler: ShowHide
QuoteWhen you connect to a secure website, the server hosting that site presents your browser with something called a "certificate" to verify its identity. This certificate contains identity information, such as the address of the website, which is verified by a third party that your computer trusts. By checking that the address in the certificate matches the address of the website, it is possible to verify that you are securely communicating with the website you intended, and not a third party (such as an attacker on your network).

In this case, the address listed in the certificate does not match the address of the website your browser tried to go to. One possible reason for this is that your communications are being intercepted by an attacker who is presenting a certificate for a different website, which would cause a mismatch. Another possible reason is that the server is set up to return the same certificate for multiple websites, including the one you are attempting to visit, even though that certificate is not valid for all of those websites. Google Chrome can say for sure that you reached *.s700.sureserver.com, but cannot verify that that is the same site as forum.chaos-project.com which you intended to reach. If you proceed, Chrome will not check for any further name mismatches.

Ryex

what are you connecting through https? the ssl certificate provided by CP's host is not linked to the chaos-project domain so of course it's going to pop up a warning. use plain old HTTP
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Zexion

That's the link directly from google ._.

Ryex

well there is some setting in effect defaulting you to https then, I never get any warning unless I connect via https.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

I bet google is trying to automatically do HTTPS.

Redd

Yeah how do you turn off HTTPS? I'm pretty sure that's exactly what google is doing.

Magus

Weird. Chrome is my primary browser but it never game me the warning for CP. But yeah, I know that feel:whenever that does happen for a website I want to surf or visit for the first time, I get annoyed and switch to firefox. (That was on another computer which had windows 7 not this one.)
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />