[xp]Button mashing and Button input minigame scripts

Started by almog99, April 12, 2015, 07:10:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

almog99

Hey guys i really need an button mashing and button input mini games , i couldnt find any for rmxp.
Dragon Ball Z Another Timeline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHOi4sUPsDw

KK20

I moved this over to the Event Requests since this can easily be done without an entire script.

For button mashing, use a parallel process that has a Conditional Branch in it. Use a script condition (tab 4) and put
Input.trigger?(Input::C)

Note that Input::C refers to Enter, Space, or Key C. Refer to the Help Manual under Game Controls for more specifics.

Right after it, put a Control Variables command and increase a variable by 1. Be sure to also add in some kind of timer so that you can turn the parallel process off when the timer reaches zero. Then just have another event compare the value of the variable and give a reward based on the value.

Button input can mean a number of things. If you mean something like input timing (Mario RPGs, Dance Dance Revolution, or any kind of rhythm game), the process is still somewhat the same. Create a timer and have the conditional branch check that a button is being inputted (like the condition above) AND the timer is in between a certain interval. If so, turn a switch on, add a number to a variable, etc.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

ForeverZer0

Button mashing mini game is already extremely vague. Most people create mini games that are appropriate for their project, not just random things they find.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.