HTC One M9

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, April 20, 2015, 01:39:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

Just got the phone today, will update with my impressions as time goes on.

For now, I can say the phone seems pretty fucking awesome and is definitely an improvement over the iPhone 5 I've been using these past two years.

Blizzard

Most Androids are better than iPhones. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Blizzard on April 20, 2015, 01:49:40 am
Most Androids are better than iPhones. xD

I would agree and extend that statement to cover android tablets versus iPad tablets as well.

Looking forward to hearing about the phone though, as I am in the market for a new one =D
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

G_G

I plan on getting this phone but I'm still slightly debating either over the Nexus 6 or the Sony Xperia Z3. Helping Branden figure it out, unlocking the bootloader and rooting the M9 is actually a very simple process which is something I can't do with my current Galaxy S4.

Blizzard

My co-worker is probably getting Z3 Compact.
Have you thought about One Plus? Apparently it's not that good, though, and they will stop supporting that specific Android variant.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

April 22, 2015, 05:11:20 pm #5 Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 05:17:08 pm by Ryex
IMHO almost all the phones on the american market are pretty terrible, and terribly priced. The competition is between HTC and imports like Oppo, Meizu, and Huawei.
Samsung has gone the way of Apple, some would argue this is a good thing. personally the "build to inspire envy but use planed obsolescence so that they have to replace it every year and a half and milk the morons for money" approach drives me mad.

I already posted my view of the HTC M8. and while the market expectation of manufactures to innovate and one up themselves every single year is unrealistic, the M9 isn't really that big of an upgrade. if you don't have and M8 but want the latest tech, get the M9. If you have an M8 it's not worth the upgrade. If you don't have an M8 but don't want the spend the $600-700for the M9, the M8 has dropped price and is well worth the $300
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

I would have gotten the One Plus but I don't believe it supports CDMA and I go through Verizon. So I have small selection of decent phones to choose from.

Also it's only 200 for an upgrade to get the M9. Or 100 for the M8. Or like you said, get it brand new for around 300. But I'm definitely going to get off of Samsung just for the fact that it is trying to copy Apple. The no support for micro SDs really bothers me.

Spaceman McConaughey

Alright, so far, this phone is still the best thing to ever be in close proximity to my wang.

However, I'm annoyed by some of the carrier bloat that came with it, especially with this Sprint Spark thing.
Almost always, there is this rapidly spinning icon in my status bar that is tied to Spark, and there's no way to disable it.
Hoping there will eventually be some kind of tweak or whatever that will do the job.

Besides that, this phone has been performing exceptionally.
The operating system runs smoothly with absolutely no slowdowns to speak of, and HTC's Sense 7 overlay is really done well.
So far I've found it to be the perfect companion to Lollipop, what with its minimalist appearance (can't say the same for Touchwiz, can I? fucking hideous looking).

And of course the excellent performance has to do with the phone's excellent specs; the octocore processor, Adreno 430 GPU and 3GB of RAM really are an excellent, speedy combination. This phone should continue to perform well for a long time to come.

Though, in all honesty, I'm kind of bummed about the camera.
The rear facing camera performs great in well lit conditions, though when it gets darker, it performs terribly, creating some of the worst photos I've ever see.
Kind of ridiculous to have 20 MP but a shitty sensor to go with it.

The front facing camera, however?
Well, it seems to perform much better than the rear in dark conditions, which is nice.
If you're hammered at the bar and wanting to take a selfie with the cancer patient you just beat within an inch of his life, and it's dark?
You're going to need a good selfie shooter, so this is the one for you.

That's all I have for now.