[XP] MindOnFire's Sprite Builder (Photoshop)

Started by MindOnFire, May 28, 2015, 06:19:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MindOnFire

May 28, 2015, 06:19:09 pm Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 06:31:50 pm by MindOnFire
========================
MindOnFire's SPRITE BUILDER
========================

This is nowhere near done but its been months since I touched it. I haven't contributed much of anything to the RPG Maker community over the years as much as I absolutely adore it, so I'd like to contribute at least one thing if I never manage to finish anything else.

This started out as something I could use to conveniently create NPCs for a game I want to make, and started expanding into more than that. I'm not really a spriter; I could get away with some things back in the days of RM2k3, but I really don't have any artistic talent when it comes to pixel art, and RMXP's art style.

The reason I was making this in the first place is because I want to make a game with a large selection of fantasy and anthropomorphic characters. There's really not a lot of anthro sprites out there, and you have to do quite a bit of digging to find the good ones.

What this is, is essentially my version of Charas-Project.net in RMXP form. There's a hell of a lot of room for improvement, and addition, but it couldn't be simpler to use. Open the file in photoshop, select a head, a body, and some clothes, and presto! You've got a base for a sprite that you can begin editing and doing touch ups to!

This is just meant to be a starting point. Only two or three of the layers in this thing are my creation. Everything else was created by various talented spriters from the RPG Maker community. So for the love of god, don't credit me for the sprites unless they're using one of my resources (basically tribal markings designed for the wolf character I was making). There's some instructions in the PSD file itself for further editing.

Enjoy.

========================
DOWNLOAD
========================

Credit for the sprites used in the making of this builder goes to:

SithJester (SO MUCH)
StudioPickle
Mick (For the anthro sprites)
Pandora's Box
littletomdj
DoMoon (SO MUCH)
The Inquisitor
and myself for like 4-5 things.
Then.
Now.
Forever.

Zexion

Haven't tried this one in particular, but these types of photoshop/graphic program generators are sooo useful. I've used several face generators made the same way for some of my off-kh projects, and they definately make things get done quicker. Great contribution :p